Jesse James Plans to Introduce His Kids to New Girlfriend
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 20th 2010 05:00PM
No one can say Sandra Bullock's ex-husband doesn't move on fast. Days after going public in Sin City with his new girlfriend, Kat Von D, Jesse James plans to introduce her to his three adorable children, including 6-year-old Sunny.
"Jesse wants to get back to normal as quickly as possible and seems to be swapping out Sandra for Kat," a friend of James tells me. "He likes the routine of having a partner, someone who is always around and can help him out raising his kids. Would he rather be with back with Sandy? Of course. But finally he knows she will never forgive him."
Which is exactly what Kat Von D has already done. "I am a believer that we're all human and we're all capable of making mistakes," she said on the Kevin & Bean radio show Thursday. "I think if I were to be crucified for my drug addiction three years ago now, it would be hard to live with that. I'm sober now, and it's awesome. But I have made mistakes, too ... I've got a lot of respect for Jesse and how he handled it."
And although Von D, 28, has been friends with James, 41, since she was 22, relationship experts agree that it's way too soon to be dating -- let alone thinking of introducing his children to his new girlfriend.
"For Jesse James to even have a 'girlfriend' at this point is ridiculous," Matt Titus, relationship guru and author of 'Why Hasn't He Called,' tells me. "Even though they have known each other for a while, to make the jump to boyfriend and girlfriend is utterly absurd. Jesse James should keep his children insulated from his ego-driven, fame-seeking and opportunistic romantic choices. You cannot have a significant relationship filled with love, commitment and trust six months after your marriage ends because of your 'poor judgment.' Jesse James has a history of only dating celebrities, so we must question his motive and frown upon what impact this might have on his children."
Beth Feldman, respected founder of RoleMommy.com agrees. "I think it's definitely too soon for the kids to meet Jesse's new girlfriend, but he obviously didn't think about how his actions would affect his kids the first time around -- why would he stop now?"
For once, Jesse, it's time to start thinking about others rather than yourself.
MORE ABOUT Jesse James
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jesse James Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tom Brady Breaks Silence on Deflategate Overturn: "I Am Sorry Our League Had to Endure This"
- Kanye West Gifts Taylor Swift With a Bouquet, But It's Nothing Compared to Kim Kardashian's: Picture
- Mindy Kaling: B.J. Novak Gives Me "an Intoxicating Feeling"
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Hello, Ed Skrein! Five Things You Need to Know About Hollywood's Hottest New Action Star
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Resolving Australian Dog Deportation Drama: ''I Killed My Dogs and Ate Them''
- Back On! Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Spotted Holding Hands Almost 3 Months After Ending Engagement