Jesse James Plans to Introduce His Kids to New Girlfriend
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 20th 2010 05:00PM
No one can say Sandra Bullock's ex-husband doesn't move on fast. Days after going public in Sin City with his new girlfriend, Kat Von D, Jesse James plans to introduce her to his three adorable children, including 6-year-old Sunny.
"Jesse wants to get back to normal as quickly as possible and seems to be swapping out Sandra for Kat," a friend of James tells me. "He likes the routine of having a partner, someone who is always around and can help him out raising his kids. Would he rather be with back with Sandy? Of course. But finally he knows she will never forgive him."
Which is exactly what Kat Von D has already done. "I am a believer that we're all human and we're all capable of making mistakes," she said on the Kevin & Bean radio show Thursday. "I think if I were to be crucified for my drug addiction three years ago now, it would be hard to live with that. I'm sober now, and it's awesome. But I have made mistakes, too ... I've got a lot of respect for Jesse and how he handled it."
And although Von D, 28, has been friends with James, 41, since she was 22, relationship experts agree that it's way too soon to be dating -- let alone thinking of introducing his children to his new girlfriend.
"For Jesse James to even have a 'girlfriend' at this point is ridiculous," Matt Titus, relationship guru and author of 'Why Hasn't He Called,' tells me. "Even though they have known each other for a while, to make the jump to boyfriend and girlfriend is utterly absurd. Jesse James should keep his children insulated from his ego-driven, fame-seeking and opportunistic romantic choices. You cannot have a significant relationship filled with love, commitment and trust six months after your marriage ends because of your 'poor judgment.' Jesse James has a history of only dating celebrities, so we must question his motive and frown upon what impact this might have on his children."
Beth Feldman, respected founder of RoleMommy.com agrees. "I think it's definitely too soon for the kids to meet Jesse's new girlfriend, but he obviously didn't think about how his actions would affect his kids the first time around -- why would he stop now?"
For once, Jesse, it's time to start thinking about others rather than yourself.
MORE ABOUT Jesse James
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jesse James Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!