Scarlett Johansson Gets Wild for Dolce & Gabbana
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 20th 2010 06:54AM
In sexy black satin set against a leopard print backdrop, Scarlett Johansson shows off her sultry side for Dolce & Gabbana's fall 2010 makeup campaign. But it's all about those dark berry lips. "We wanted to discover a look that truly reflects our story from the very beginning yet truly reflects our reverence for today's women, epitomized, of course, by the divine Scarlett," says Stefano Gabbana.
"It addresses what's so ineffable about a woman -- her fierce sensuality anchored by her innermost femininity," adds Domenico Dolce.
A mainstay on the fall 2010 runways, deep purple lips stood out during Dolce & Gabbana's fashion shows. It's a racy and fiercely feminine trend that stands in welcome rebellion to the neutral, sculpted faces seen at many other top shows.
"We went all out with contrast, the kind of contrast that makes a real statement," says Dolce & Gabbana collaborator Pat McGrath.
"It's really all about the lips -- very shiny and dark, super sexy. I downplayed the eyes, which are still gorgeous, but it's a subtle kind of power, very implicit. I was going for a look that is very much about 'now' but is also ultra Dolce & Gabbana, capturing their ultimate signature look for beauty. Very suggestive, mysterious -- yet still very bold. To me, that's what the fall is all about."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed By Bruce Jenner; Brittany Maynard Pushes Back Death Date: Top 5 Stories
- Prince William, Pregnant Kate Middleton Go on Babymoon With Prince George in Scotland -- Details
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrates 14 Million Instagram Followers With a Super Sexy Booty Snap -- See the Pic!
- Inherited Or Injected? Khloe Kardashian & Kylie Jenner Flaunt Matching Trout Pouts As Nip Tuck Rumors Continue
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Orson Welles' final film may be released
- 'I Was Here': Beyonce song inspires Iraqi youth peace movement
- Julianne Hough Gets Emotional While Delivering a Special Message to Her Older Sister—Watch the Sweet Clip!
- Why Scandal, The Vampire Diaries, and How to Get Away with Murder Blew. Us. Away. Our Rants and Raves
- These Are Chelsea Handler's Naked Boobs on a Horse...