Scarlett Johansson Gets Wild for Dolce & Gabbana
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 20th 2010 06:54AM
In sexy black satin set against a leopard print backdrop, Scarlett Johansson shows off her sultry side for Dolce & Gabbana's fall 2010 makeup campaign. But it's all about those dark berry lips. "We wanted to discover a look that truly reflects our story from the very beginning yet truly reflects our reverence for today's women, epitomized, of course, by the divine Scarlett," says Stefano Gabbana.
"It addresses what's so ineffable about a woman -- her fierce sensuality anchored by her innermost femininity," adds Domenico Dolce.
A mainstay on the fall 2010 runways, deep purple lips stood out during Dolce & Gabbana's fashion shows. It's a racy and fiercely feminine trend that stands in welcome rebellion to the neutral, sculpted faces seen at many other top shows.
"We went all out with contrast, the kind of contrast that makes a real statement," says Dolce & Gabbana collaborator Pat McGrath.
"It's really all about the lips -- very shiny and dark, super sexy. I downplayed the eyes, which are still gorgeous, but it's a subtle kind of power, very implicit. I was going for a look that is very much about 'now' but is also ultra Dolce & Gabbana, capturing their ultimate signature look for beauty. Very suggestive, mysterious -- yet still very bold. To me, that's what the fall is all about."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mel B Talks Geri Halliwell Feud, Says Spice Girls "Fought Like Cats and Dogs" During Prime
- Diana Ross, Ashlee Simpson Support Family at Book Store Opening
- Gabrielle Union Debuts New Bangs in First Post-Wedding Appearance: See Her New Hairstyle
- Oscar-Worthy Actresses! Rosie O'Donnell And Whoopi Goldberg Given ?Lecture’ To Act Like ?Best Friends' On ?The View' PLUS Another Whoopi Slip Of The Tongue ?Pisses Off' ABC Execs
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Ben Affleck Admits to Counting Cards While Gambling, But Slams Jennifer Garner's Disapproval as ''Tabloid S--t''
- Kim Kardashian Tries (and Fails) to Beat the Heat in Tight, Long Skirt—See the Pics!
- Ellen Page Strips Down to Her Underwear, Talks About Castration in Sexy W Magazine Spread