Scarlett Johansson Gets Wild for Dolce & Gabbana
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 20th 2010 06:54AM
In sexy black satin set against a leopard print backdrop, Scarlett Johansson shows off her sultry side for Dolce & Gabbana's fall 2010 makeup campaign. But it's all about those dark berry lips. "We wanted to discover a look that truly reflects our story from the very beginning yet truly reflects our reverence for today's women, epitomized, of course, by the divine Scarlett," says Stefano Gabbana.
"It addresses what's so ineffable about a woman -- her fierce sensuality anchored by her innermost femininity," adds Domenico Dolce.
A mainstay on the fall 2010 runways, deep purple lips stood out during Dolce & Gabbana's fashion shows. It's a racy and fiercely feminine trend that stands in welcome rebellion to the neutral, sculpted faces seen at many other top shows.
"We went all out with contrast, the kind of contrast that makes a real statement," says Dolce & Gabbana collaborator Pat McGrath.
"It's really all about the lips -- very shiny and dark, super sexy. I downplayed the eyes, which are still gorgeous, but it's a subtle kind of power, very implicit. I was going for a look that is very much about 'now' but is also ultra Dolce & Gabbana, capturing their ultimate signature look for beauty. Very suggestive, mysterious -- yet still very bold. To me, that's what the fall is all about."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Is Bootylicious in Skimpy Bikini Bottoms: See Pictures From Her Birthday Vacation
- Jessica Simpson Says "Life Is Better" Being Married, Is "Done" Having Kids With Eric Johnson
- Lindsay Price Gives Birth, Welcomes Son Emerson Spencer With Curtis Stone
- Everything You Need To Know About Acai
- Radar Exclusive: Joan Rivers' Doctors Both Hire Attorneys As They Prep To Be Questioned About Her Shocking Death, Including Allegations That One Doc Snapped A Selfie Mid-Procedure, Says Source
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Attends Moroccanoil Inspired By Women Campaign Launch Event At The IAC Building
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- Celebrity Makeup Artists Share Their Favorite Fall Lipsticks—Plus, See What Shades Stars Are Wearing This Season!
- Lady Gaga's Freaky Face Mask, James Franco's Under Eye Treatment and More Unglamorous Celeb Moments—See the Pics!
- Curtis Stone and Lindsey Price Welcome a Baby Boy—Find Out His Name!