Scarlett Johansson Gets Wild for Dolce & Gabbana
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 20th 2010 06:54AM
In sexy black satin set against a leopard print backdrop, Scarlett Johansson shows off her sultry side for Dolce & Gabbana's fall 2010 makeup campaign. But it's all about those dark berry lips. "We wanted to discover a look that truly reflects our story from the very beginning yet truly reflects our reverence for today's women, epitomized, of course, by the divine Scarlett," says Stefano Gabbana.
"It addresses what's so ineffable about a woman -- her fierce sensuality anchored by her innermost femininity," adds Domenico Dolce.
A mainstay on the fall 2010 runways, deep purple lips stood out during Dolce & Gabbana's fashion shows. It's a racy and fiercely feminine trend that stands in welcome rebellion to the neutral, sculpted faces seen at many other top shows.
"We went all out with contrast, the kind of contrast that makes a real statement," says Dolce & Gabbana collaborator Pat McGrath.
"It's really all about the lips -- very shiny and dark, super sexy. I downplayed the eyes, which are still gorgeous, but it's a subtle kind of power, very implicit. I was going for a look that is very much about 'now' but is also ultra Dolce & Gabbana, capturing their ultimate signature look for beauty. Very suggestive, mysterious -- yet still very bold. To me, that's what the fall is all about."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jen Aniston, Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens and a Host of Other A-List Stars Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on Chelsea Lately Finale Show
- Pamela Anderson Calls off Divorce from Husband Rick Salomon, Couple Still Married
- Chris Soules Is the Next Bachelor, Arie Luyendyk Jr. Reacts; Meet Julianna Margulies Hot Husband: Top 5 Stories
- With Luggage & ?Dembabies' In Tow, Mariah Carey Bolts NYC Apartment, As Speculation About Divorce From Nick Cannon Heats Up
- Check Your Weekly Horoscope To Find Out What's To Come This Week (August 27th)
- DJ Casey Kasem's Widow Jean Flees To Norway With His Body: Daughter Claims Jean Is Trying To Escape Elder Abuse Charges
- Conrad Hilton, Paris' brother, sustains major injuries in car crash
- Stars without the warpaint
- Angaleena Presley confirms Pistol Annies are on hold, debuts first solo album
- Chelsea Handler Gives a Heartfelt Goodbye During the Chelsea Lately Series Finale—See the Emotional Clip!
- Jennifer Aniston, Gwen Stefani, Selena Gomez and Many More Celebs Sing Goodbye to Chelsea Lately—Watch the Clip!
- Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston and Mary McCormack Host Intervention for Chelsea Handler—See the Chelsea Lately Clip!