Scarlett Johansson Gets Wild for Dolce & Gabbana
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 20th 2010 06:54AM
In sexy black satin set against a leopard print backdrop, Scarlett Johansson shows off her sultry side for Dolce & Gabbana's fall 2010 makeup campaign. But it's all about those dark berry lips. "We wanted to discover a look that truly reflects our story from the very beginning yet truly reflects our reverence for today's women, epitomized, of course, by the divine Scarlett," says Stefano Gabbana.
"It addresses what's so ineffable about a woman -- her fierce sensuality anchored by her innermost femininity," adds Domenico Dolce.
A mainstay on the fall 2010 runways, deep purple lips stood out during Dolce & Gabbana's fashion shows. It's a racy and fiercely feminine trend that stands in welcome rebellion to the neutral, sculpted faces seen at many other top shows.
"We went all out with contrast, the kind of contrast that makes a real statement," says Dolce & Gabbana collaborator Pat McGrath.
"It's really all about the lips -- very shiny and dark, super sexy. I downplayed the eyes, which are still gorgeous, but it's a subtle kind of power, very implicit. I was going for a look that is very much about 'now' but is also ultra Dolce & Gabbana, capturing their ultimate signature look for beauty. Very suggestive, mysterious -- yet still very bold. To me, that's what the fall is all about."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Timberlake Visits Pregnant Jessica Biel on Set of Her New Film The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea: Photos
- Kelly Osbourne Quits Fashion Police: Khloe Kardashian and NeNe Leakes Being Considered to Replace Her
- Sharon Osbourne, Melissa Rivers React to Kelly Osbourne Quitting Fashion Police
- Jennifer Lawrence blasts story of on-set fight
- Jennifer Lawrence reportedly has meltdown on set of David O. Russell movie
- Rosie O'Donnell files for divorce from wife Michelle Rounds
- Even Kate Upton Needs a Touch-Up! Model Steps Out Makeup-Free, Reveals Blotchy Skin
- Amber Rose's Butt Comes Up in Manslaughter Trial: Defendant Claims She Gave Amber Injections!
- Robert De Niro Didn't Mean to Not Pay $6.4 Million in Taxes—the IRS Just Mixed Up His Address!