You Won't Hear a Peep From Elin About Tiger Divorce
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 23rd 2010 07:03PM
Now that Tiger Woods' divorce is finalized, his ex-wife, Elin, plans to drop the name Woods for her maiden name, Nordegren, and disappear from public view.
I've learned that Elin, 30, has been wooed by everyone from Oprah to Dr. Phil -- all are promising her a chance to tell her side of the story.
"Elin hasn't responded to any of them," a friend of the Swedish beauty tells me. "She hasn't said anything up to now about the divorce on TV and doesn't plan on ever talking about this awful experience. Elin is a very private lady who never once wanted to be in the spotlight like so many other wives of sports superstars. She was thrust into the limelight by Tiger's selfish actions and now look forwards to going back to normal."
I'm not sure Elin's life will ever be normal again, and with the estimated $100 million she will make through the divorce she will certainly be able to buy a little privacy. Sources tell me that the couple will share custody of their two children, Sam Alexis, 3, and Charlie Axel, 1, with the kids residing with their mother who will not relocate to her native Switzerland but rather stay here in America, at least for the time being.
"It's very sad that it has come to this," an insider tells me, "we all hoped they would be able to work it out. Although Elin couldn't look at him anymore without thinking about all the different woman he had been with. In the long run everything will be fine, but at the moment she is still very, very hurt."
My source reveals Elin has been offered over $1 million to spill the beans in a major TV chat, but never will. "Thank goodness she has the children. Without them ... things would be worse."
The terms of the divorce are secret and with Elin vowing never to discuss the matter publicly they will hopefully remain that way.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz, SNL Women Record Funny New Music Video "Back Home Baller": Watch Now, Plus See the Annie Skit!
- Robert Pattinson Shamelessly Grabs Girlfriend FKA Twigs' Butt During Lunch: Photo
- Bill Cosby's New Rape Allegations: Everything We Know So Far
- Out Of Control? Jackson Family Fears ?Arrogant' Prince Jackson Will ?Self-Destruct' ? He ?Already Considers Himself Royalty,' Says Family Insider