Michael Lohan on Mel Gibson: 'God Will Be the Judge'
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 23rd 2010 01:01PM
Can you hear the crickets? No one in Hollywood has come forward to defend Mel Gibson's horrifying cell phone rants against Oksana Grigorieva ... until now. Michael Lohan, father of troubled star Lindsay Lohan and a born-again Christian, is speaking up to defend the 'Braveheart' bozo.
"I will not judge him, nor will I believe his girlfriend's apparently doctored tapes," says Michael, who incidentally has released private conversations between himself and his daughter, Lindsay.
"All I know is Mel went on the line for Jesus Christ, built a church for God and has helped many," he tells me. "It's so easy for others to point fingers and cast blame when money and pride are involved. I pray for him and God will be the judge."
Mel is currently involved in a nasty custody battle with his ex, Oksana, and is waiting to see if LA County Sheriff's Department investigators formally turn the criminal investigation case over to the LA County District Attorney. The D.A. will not make a decision on whether to file charges against Mel until the investigation into allegations that Grigorieva tried to extort the actor are complete.
Those that rushed to defend Mel's anti-Semitic rant in 2006 have remained silent about this recent behavior, and I bet Mel wishes that Lohan, who told me, "Personally, I believe Christians have been persecuted more than anyone," would remain silent too. With friends like that, who needs enemies?
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kings of Leon play first show since drummer's injury
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- 'Unbroken' Star Jack O'Connell On Empathizing With Prisoners, Becoming Louis Zamperini
- Venice: Al Pacino Speaks About Depression
- 'The Rewrite' Trailer: Hugh Grant Is a Womanizing Screenwriter
- The Cast of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Does the Baby Groot Dance (VIDEO)
- What Makes a Great TV Series Finale?
- Labor Day Binge Guide: Catch Up on These Returning Shows Right Now