Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren Officially Divorced
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 23rd 2010 03:42PM
Tiger Woods and wife Elin Nordegren officially divorced Monday, nine months after a middle-of-the-night car crash outside of his Florida home set off shocking revelations that golf's biggest star had been cheating on his wife with at least 15 alleged mistresses. "We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future," Woods and Nordegren said in a joint statement released by their attorneys. "While we are no longer married, we are the parents of two wonderful children and their happiness has been, and will always be, of paramount importance to both of us."
The couple married in October 2004 in Barbados and have two children, a daughter, Sam, 3, and a 19-month-old son, Charlie. The pair will "share parenting" of their children.
Terms of the divorce -- division of property and assets -- were not released. Earlier reports claimed Nordegren was hammering out an agreement to land about $750 million.
After he admitted his infidelities, Woods put his golf career on hold while he attended what was described as sex rehab for nearly two months in a Mississippi clinic. In February, Woods held a 14-minute press conference to publicly apologize for his behavior.
The sex scandal cost Woods millions of dollars in corporate endorsement deals and forced him to take a five month break from professional golf.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato, Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis Throw Wilmer Valderrama Surprise 35th Birthday Bash -- Get the Inside Details!
- Sheryl Crow Posts Adorable Childhood Picture on Throwback Thursday
- James Middleton: It's "Frustrating" Being Kate Middleton's Brother, "I Work Incredibly Hard"
- Extra security planned for Bill Cosby's show in Ohio
- Danny Trejo plays Marcia Brady in Snickers spot, but always had crush on her mom
- 2015 ACM Awards nominations: Surprises and snubs