Will Jon Gosselin's Book Be About Parenting?
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 24th 2010 09:40AM
Jon Gosselin and leadership coach Dr. Sylvia Lafair are writing a book together about the lessons the reality dad has learned as the father of a large -- and famous -- family.
"Jon is still deciding what exactly the book will be about, but knows he wants to focus on his parenting skills," a friend of the father of eight tells me. "There is no deal yet or timeline, but the [interest] in Jon from publishers is huge right now, so he's going to strike while the iron is hot."
The former TLC reality star thinks this is his chance to show the world what a stand-up father he is and how other moms and dads in similar situations (because having 8 kids is so common!) can learn parenting tips from him.
This would also be Jon's answer to Kate's successful turn as an author of parenting-ish books like 'Eight Little Faces' and 'I Just Want You to Know.'
Jon met Dr. Lafair 12 months ago when he sought help dealing with the changes going on in his life (you know, his high-profile divorce from Kate and all those prickly dating troubles). Now, the two have become friends and are determined to work together on this parenting book.
Lafair's no novice in the publishing game -- she's the author of the award-winning 2010 business book 'Don't Bring It to Work' -- and has said Jon is motivated by his desire to be a good father to his kids.
"Expect the book to include Jon's journey from high school to father of sextuplets by age 27," an insider tells me. "What the book won't be focusing on is how quickly he moved on, after Kate, with two much younger girlfriends, his partying nights in Las Vegas or his new huge tattoo that covers his entire back."
In other words, don't expect too much of that little thing called reality!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
- Taylor Swift Says She "Wouldn't Survive in Jail," Is Terrified of Sea Urchins -- Watch
- Ace of Cakes Star Duff Goldman: I Love Riding Motorcycles Even After Losing Toes in Crash
- Ebola In NYC! Doctor Tests Positive For Virus After Treating Patients In Guinea
- Lucky Break! Former ?RHONJ' Star Danielle Staub Gets $700K In Liens Cancelled In Bankruptcy Case
- Mean Girl! Kim Kardashian Snubs Chris Brown’s ‘Lowbrow’ Girlfriend Karrueche Tran
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation