Will Jon Gosselin's Book Be About Parenting?
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 24th 2010 09:40AM
Jon Gosselin and leadership coach Dr. Sylvia Lafair are writing a book together about the lessons the reality dad has learned as the father of a large -- and famous -- family.
"Jon is still deciding what exactly the book will be about, but knows he wants to focus on his parenting skills," a friend of the father of eight tells me. "There is no deal yet or timeline, but the [interest] in Jon from publishers is huge right now, so he's going to strike while the iron is hot."
The former TLC reality star thinks this is his chance to show the world what a stand-up father he is and how other moms and dads in similar situations (because having 8 kids is so common!) can learn parenting tips from him.
This would also be Jon's answer to Kate's successful turn as an author of parenting-ish books like 'Eight Little Faces' and 'I Just Want You to Know.'
Jon met Dr. Lafair 12 months ago when he sought help dealing with the changes going on in his life (you know, his high-profile divorce from Kate and all those prickly dating troubles). Now, the two have become friends and are determined to work together on this parenting book.
Lafair's no novice in the publishing game -- she's the author of the award-winning 2010 business book 'Don't Bring It to Work' -- and has said Jon is motivated by his desire to be a good father to his kids.
"Expect the book to include Jon's journey from high school to father of sextuplets by age 27," an insider tells me. "What the book won't be focusing on is how quickly he moved on, after Kate, with two much younger girlfriends, his partying nights in Las Vegas or his new huge tattoo that covers his entire back."
In other words, don't expect too much of that little thing called reality!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sharon Stone Was Diva On Golden Boy Set, Made Outrageous Demands, Italian Filmmakers Claim
- Zoe Saldana Pole Dances With Marco Perego While Pregnant: Funny Video
- James Blunt Marries Sofia Wellesley, Celebrates In Lavish Majorca Ceremony: Details
- Sam Worthington Attends The Dew Tour Brooklyn Kickoff Party
- Back Off, Bullies! Kendall Jenner Befriends Alessandra Ambrosio After Mean Models Gang Up On Her At New York Fashion Week
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Jonny Drubel Loses His Temper After Woman Rudely Tells Him to Not Wear Lip Gloss—Watch the Outrageous #RichKids Clip!
- Nattie Attacks Summer Rae and Pulls Her Out of a Car by Her Hair—See the Intense Total Divas Moment!
- Giuliana Rancic's New Signature Brand of Wine Is Bottled in Shatter-Proof Cups, "Geared Toward Women Like Me"