Will Jon Gosselin's Book Be About Parenting?
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 24th 2010 09:40AM
Jon Gosselin and leadership coach Dr. Sylvia Lafair are writing a book together about the lessons the reality dad has learned as the father of a large -- and famous -- family.
"Jon is still deciding what exactly the book will be about, but knows he wants to focus on his parenting skills," a friend of the father of eight tells me. "There is no deal yet or timeline, but the [interest] in Jon from publishers is huge right now, so he's going to strike while the iron is hot."
The former TLC reality star thinks this is his chance to show the world what a stand-up father he is and how other moms and dads in similar situations (because having 8 kids is so common!) can learn parenting tips from him.
This would also be Jon's answer to Kate's successful turn as an author of parenting-ish books like 'Eight Little Faces' and 'I Just Want You to Know.'
Jon met Dr. Lafair 12 months ago when he sought help dealing with the changes going on in his life (you know, his high-profile divorce from Kate and all those prickly dating troubles). Now, the two have become friends and are determined to work together on this parenting book.
Lafair's no novice in the publishing game -- she's the author of the award-winning 2010 business book 'Don't Bring It to Work' -- and has said Jon is motivated by his desire to be a good father to his kids.
"Expect the book to include Jon's journey from high school to father of sextuplets by age 27," an insider tells me. "What the book won't be focusing on is how quickly he moved on, after Kate, with two much younger girlfriends, his partying nights in Las Vegas or his new huge tattoo that covers his entire back."
In other words, don't expect too much of that little thing called reality!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jen Aniston, Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens and a Host of Other A-List Stars Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on Chelsea Lately Finale Show
- Pamela Anderson Calls off Divorce from Husband Rick Salomon, Couple Still Married
- Chris Soules Is the Next Bachelor, Arie Luyendyk Jr. Reacts; Meet Julianna Margulies Hot Husband: Top 5 Stories
- With Luggage & ?Dembabies' In Tow, Mariah Carey Bolts NYC Apartment, As Speculation About Divorce From Nick Cannon Heats Up
- Check Your Weekly Horoscope To Find Out What's To Come This Week (August 27th)
- DJ Casey Kasem's Widow Jean Flees To Norway With His Body: Daughter Claims Jean Is Trying To Escape Elder Abuse Charges
- Conrad Hilton, Paris' brother, sustains major injuries in car crash
- Stars without the warpaint
- Angaleena Presley confirms Pistol Annies are on hold, debuts first solo album
- Chelsea Handler Gives a Heartfelt Goodbye During the Chelsea Lately Series Finale—See the Emotional Clip!
- Jennifer Aniston, Gwen Stefani, Selena Gomez and Many More Celebs Sing Goodbye to Chelsea Lately—Watch the Clip!
- Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston and Mary McCormack Host Intervention for Chelsea Handler—See the Chelsea Lately Clip!