Mark Wahlberg Not Impressed With Drew Barrymore's Lust for His Boxer-Briefs
By Bryan Alexander Posted Aug 24th 2010 12:40PM
During one intimate scene in the upcoming 'Going the Distance,' Drew Barrymore's character engages in a fantasy over the phone with her long-distance lover and gets very hot thinking about Mark Wahlberg's iconic Calvin Klein underwear ads. You'd think Mr. Wahlberg would be flattered.
As Barrymore explains, she had a very awkward exchange with Wahlberg when he learned her character in the film lusts after him. "Oh my God, I did tell him that," she said. "I ran into him at an awards show and I told him I was just talking about how hot you are in your underwear." The former underwear model was not impressed.
Barrymore admitted she was confused that Wahlberg was not more excited to be the object of her phone-sex desire.
"Who would not be excited about that?" she asked. "He's a very nice guy, and I have had other conversations with him that went much better than that."
Long, Barrymore's on-again, off-again boyfriend, admits the encounter "didn't go over great ... In [Wahlberg's] defense, it's a strange thing to bring up. I don't think he was prepared for it."
Wahlberg's reaction aside, the 'Going the Distance' phone sex scene between Long and Barrymore has a lot of heat.
Barrymore said she was not at all shy in taking part: "I was so excited to hit that [the scene]. And I really wanted to hit it hard."
Perhaps the former Marky Mark will be more impressed once he sees the movie. Flowers or a signed poster might be in order.
Drew Barrymore Snapshots
Actress Drew Barrymore arrives at the premiere of Warner Bros. 'Going The Distance' held at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on August 23, 2010 in Los Angeles.
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- 'SNL' Cold Open Mocks Ebola's Spread to NYC
- New York TV Festival Unveils Winners of 20 Development Deals
- Jill Soloway: How a Detour Into Indie Filmmaking Led to Amazon's 'Transparent'
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming