Intruder With Knives Arrested at Paris Hilton's Home
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 24th 2010 11:57AM
Chances are, you've had a better morning than Paris Hilton, who awoke Tuesday to find a knife-wielding man attempting to enter her home in Los Angeles. She called police and the unidentified intruder was arrested. The socialite alerted her followers on Twitter about the near break-in and posted a photo of the arrest in her courtyard.
"So Scary, just got woken up to a guy trying to break into my house holding 2 big knifes," she said. "Cops are here arresting [him]."
The incident occurred at 6 a.m. when police say the man approached Hilton's house with a pair of knives and began pounding on the windows. Sources tell TMZ that Hilton spotted the man on her security cameras and called 911 immediately. The Los Angeles Times is reporting that a male friend of Hilton's then confronted the intruder before police arrived and made the arrest around 6:30 a.m.
Police have not released the name of the man in custody and are investigating whether he was there to rob Hilton.
Hilton's rep released a statement saying, "Paris is naturally shaken by the events but is unharmed and well. She is very thankful to her security team and the police for their swift and diligent response."
MORE ABOUT Paris Hilton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Paris Hilton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- Kim's ex, Kris Humphries says sorry for Bruce Jenner tweet
- Keeping Up With the Kardashians Recap: Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Kicks Scott Disick Out of the House
- Game of Thrones Recap: Jon Snow Is Enraged, Sansa Stark Is Engaged in "High Sparrow"
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion: Phaedra Parks is Still Married to Apollo Nida "For the Children"