Lindsay Lohan Ordered to Undergo Psychotherapy and Random Drug Tests
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Aug 25th 2010 01:31PM
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden S. Fox ordered the 'Mean Girls' star to undergo psychotherapy and addiction counseling sessions several times a week until November. He also ordered the 24-year-old to submit to random drug and alcohol testing at least twice a week and to continue living in the Los Angeles area.
Fox laid out the terms of the actress' early release from an inpatient rehab center during a 10 minute hearing, which Lohan did not attend. The judge said he ordered the actress' release at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The judge did give Lohan some incentives and rewards. He dismissed two drug counts that the actress had pleaded guilty to in 2007. He also said Lohan will be taken off supervised probation if she complies with his orders, passes all drug and alcohol tests and does not miss any of her counseling sessions.
Fox took over Lohan's case after another, Judge Marsha Revel, recused herself. A prosecutor had complained the judge met with defense attorneys and called rehabilitation programs without notifying her.
Revel ruled in July that Lohan violated her probation in the 2007 drug case by missing seven alcohol education classes since December. Lohan spent 14 days in jail and was immediately taken to an inpatient rehabilitation facility at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where she had been ordered to remain for three months.
Fox said he based his modifications on the recommendations of Lohan's doctors and after reviewing three years of filings and medical records in the case.
Lohan's attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, said the actress is eager to prove that she can comply with Fox's orders.
"She has changed," Holley said. "She's healthy. She's clear-headed. She is positive at looking forward."
Holley said Lohan would not attend a screening of her latest film project, "Machete," that is scheduled for Wednesday evening. But she said Lohan's treatment schedule will permit the actress to resume working.
"This was a good day for her in court," Holley said. "She has complied with everything that has been asked of her."
Prosecutors did not oppose any of the conditions Fox placed on the star.
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Who knew? Surprising celebrity facts
- Hottest swimsuits at Swimwear Week 2014
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Sherri Shepherd Court Victory, Maintains Custody of 9-Year-Old Son After Court Appearance: Report
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Jimmy Fallon Sport Floppy Hair, Pump Iron in Hilarious Fitness Video Skit
- Vanessa Lachey Shares Adorable Picture of Blooming Baby Bump, First Instagram Since Pregnancy Announcement
- ?Snitching Culture': Why Lisa Marie Presley Quit ?Sinister' Scientology ? Expert Weighs In
- Casey Anthony Is Cleaning House! Working As Attorney Cheney Mason’s Live-In Maid ? But Failed To Claim Income In Bankruptcy Filing
- Phil Spector Near Death ? Convicted Killer Hospitalized, Makes Final Jailhouse Plea