Jessica Simpson Wants 'Real Women' on the Runway
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 27th 2010 08:13AM
In an effort to practice what she preaches, the pop star is making sure more curves are coming to New York Fashion Week.
Simpson announced that she'll be using "real women" to model her new clothing line.
"Jessica Simpson plans to unveil her latest collection for the media at New York Fashion Week in September, but there's a twist," a friend of the budding fashion mogul reportedly told Life & Style Magazine. "Instead of using super-skinny models to showcase her designs, Jessica has decided to send her best friends -- real women in real sizes -- down the aisle."
Surprisingly, it was Simpson's lack of curves that caused a stir earlier this month following the Lucky spread and interview. There were accusations that the photos of Simpson inside of the issue had been altered to play down her figure.
Simpson appeared to be aware of the practice even before the spread, telling the Huffington Post last winter, "I don't look like the girl on the cover of the magazine. I do not look like my covers. My covers! They airbrush me."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Documentary 'Doin' it in the Park' is a loving ode to New York playground basketball
- Cannes prostitutes can make $40,000 ? a night?
- Nicole Kidman plays Grace Kelly in movie set for 2014 Oscar season
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Meet 'Mom'
- Jury Gets First Glimpse In Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Trial
- Shooting Scare Halts Cannes
- This Week On Stage: Sigourney and Co. extend, Billy Crystal Back to Broadway
- ?Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch)
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted!
- Win It! A Kobo Arc Multimedia Tablet
- 'Terminator 2' Actor Edward Furlong Arrested Again
- Extra Scoop: Don't Ask Kanye West to Poke Fun at Himself on ?SNL'