Leonardo DiCaprio Gets A Restraining Order
Leonardo DiCaprio has been granted a temporary restraining against a woman he said claims to be his wife and carrying his baby. Court records show Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson granted the order Wednesday against Livia Bistriceanu, 41, of Chicago. "Given this obsessive and harassing behavior, I am frightened of Ms. Bistriceanu and feel that my personal safety, and the personal safety of those around me, is in jeopardy," DiCaprio wrote in a sworn declaration.
DiCaprio's request included statements from the actor and his security team claiming Bistriceanu, who has been placed on a psychological hold twice, had traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles at least twice to try to meet DiCaprio at his home and business office. She refused to leave the properties and acted aggressively, the court filings state.
DiCaprio said he has never met Bistriceanu, but she has sent him numerous handwritten letters. One letter included the greeting, "Dear husband Leo," and contained statements that Bistriceanu believed DiCaprio was the father of baby Jesus.
The Academy Award-nominated actor wrote that she "has evidenced a willingness to make physical contact with me regardless of the consequences."
Leonardo DiCaprio Snapshots
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
MORE ABOUT Leonardo DiCaprio
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Leonardo DiCaprio Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Sony Pictures Television Takes Stake in Israeli Telenovela Channels
- John Lasseter: Disney-Pixar Has No Plans to Localize in Asia Just Yet
- Oscar de la Renta in Photos
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores