Michael Jackson's Kids Start School For First Time
By John Mitchell Posted Aug 27th 2010 10:46AM
Homeschooled since they began their education, Prince Michael, 13, and his sister Paris, 12, began classes at The Buckley School in California's San Fernando Valley on Wednesday. Jackson family sources tell TMZ, Prince wanted to enroll to have "a social experience."
Katherine Jackson -- who has custody of Michael's three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket, 8 -- has been working hard to provide the kids with a more normal upbringing since their father's tragic passing. In June, Jackson's kids were spotted going door-to-door as Jehovah's Witnesses. Sources told PopEater at the time that the King of Pop wanted his children to grow up with the same beliefs he had as a child.
"The children are seemingly as normal as normal can be under pretty extraordinary circumstances," Katherine's lawyer, Adam Streisand, told The Associated Press (via the Huffington Post).
While Prince was excited to start school, Paris was initially more reluctant but became more excited as the big day approached.
The Buckley School is an exclusive private school with scads of famous alumni: Matthew Perry, Alyssa Milano, Nicole Richie, Nicollette Sheridan, Laura Dern, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian all attended.
Blanket -- who Streisand described to the AP as "totally cute and personable – a very bright little boy" -- will continue to be homeschooled, as Katherine feels he's to young to begin traditional schooling.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson
- ?Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. to Tie the Knot
- No More Dollar Sign! Kesha Changes Name Spelling, Looks Happy Post-Rehab
- Michael Jackson's Son Controversy: Real Dad Steps Forward
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"