'Lost' Star Michael Emerson's Emmy Guess: I 'Don't Feel Like I'm in the Running'
By Christine Fenno Posted Aug 29th 2010 09:32AM
"You know, I haven't thought about it much this year because I just don't feel like I'm in the running," he told E! News at the Entertainment Weekly and Women in Film Pre-Emmy party, which Emerson attended with 'True Blood' star Carrie Preston, his wife of almost 12 years.
During the star-studded soiree, the acclaimed actor did muse about who would score the prize he won last year. And he revealed his favorite nominees in other categories, too.
"Maybe Aaron Paul [of AMC's 'Breaking Bad'], or maybe it's ['Lost' costar] Terry O'Quinn's time again?" he said to E!, venturing a supporting actor guess.
According to NBC's PopcornBiz blog, Emerson looked at his category this way: "Let's say that actors who appear on 'Lost' cancel each other out. Then let's say Aaron Paul is an astonishing actor. Maybe it's his year."
As for other Emmy races, the actor said his pick for lead actress in a drama is "a vote for my sentimental favorite and an actress I admire....Edie Falco is something else to watch...I don't know if I want to laugh or cry when I watch it." He added about the series, "I have a soft spot in my heart for 'Nurse Jackie,'" a nominee for best drama. And he championed an underdog for best actor in a comedy. "I think a person's reaction to comedy is chemical and defies analysis. Jim Parsons [of CBS's 'The Big Bang Theory'], for whatever reason, just tickles me."
But don't worry, 'Lost' fans, the man is loyal to the series that made him a star. Emerson's wish for best actor in a drama series? "Matthew [Fox] had an extraordinary run on the show, but I thought his game was of a very high order this last season."
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mama June Announces Daughter Anna Cardwell's Second Pregnancy: "They Are Too Young to Have Another One"
- Tea Leoni Brings Costar Boyfriend Tim Daly as Her White House Correspondents' Dinner Date: Pic
- Sophia Bush Helps Raise Money For Late Ex Dan Fredinburg's Charity Following His Tragic Death on Mt. Everest
- 'Furious 7' box office champ for fourth straight weekend
- 'Good Fellas' actors spill secrets at 25th anniversary screening
- Kim's ex, Kris Humphries says sorry for Bruce Jenner tweet
- Téa Leoni & Tim Daly Make Red Carpet Debut as a Couple, at White House Correspondents' Dinner—See Pic!
- Real Housewives of New York City Star Kelly Bensimon Can't Stop Having Nip Slips During Risqué Photo Shoot
- Did Tyga Get a Brand-New Tattoo in Honor of Kylie Jenner? Decide for Yourself!