Video: George Clooney's Speech and the Best Emmy Moments
By PopEater Staff Posted Aug 30th 2010 07:17AM
Touching moments also punctuated the night (there's a reason you're Googling Temple Grandin this morning). George Clooney's speech, imploring his fellow Hollywood folk to remain vigilant when natural disasters and other hardships hit certain areas of the world, was one of the night's best bits.
"It's important to remember how much good can get done, because we live in such strange times where bad behavior sucks up all the attention and press. And the people who really need the spotlight -- the Haitians, the Sudanese, people in the Gulf Coast, Pakistan -- they can't get any," Clooney said. "Here's hoping that some very bright person right here in the room or at home watching can help find a way to keep the spotlight burning on these heartbreaking situations that continue to be heartbreaking long after the cameras go away." See the video of the night's best moments after the jump!
And Clooney's full speech:
More Emmy Coverage on PopEater:
► Thomas Jane Goes Shoeless at HBO Emmy Party
► Newcomers Dominate Podium at the Emmy Awards, Capped with A Big Win for 'Modern Family'
► 2010 Emmy Opening Video: Kate Gosselin Shunned, Jon Hamm & Betty White Dance Dirty
MORE ABOUT George Clooney
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about George Clooney Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner Set to Appear As Woman on Vanity Fair Cover: Details
- Bruce Jenner, Kylie Jenner Bond on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Midseason Finale: Watch a Clip!
- Ethan Embry: Kissing Jennifer Love Hewitt in Can't Hardly Wait Was "Uncomfortable," She Gave Me a "Big Basket of Breath Mints!"
- Adam Levine Cancels Maroon 5's Liverpool Concert: ''My Cords Are Toast''
- Aw, 17 Years! Cindy Crawford's Beach Bod Is Just as Great Now as When She and Husband Rande Gerber Were First Starting Out
- Digital Breakdown: The Ultimate Nail Guide is Now at Your Fingertips