Fred Savage Survives Emmys 'In Memoriam' Death
By Marc Schneider Posted Aug 30th 2010 10:35AM
During the Emmys "In Memoriam" segment, during which photos of the famously deceased appear alongside a sad song, an image of a young Corey Haim appeared that -- to some viewers -- resembled an equally-spry Savage. Of course, the words "Corey Haim" were overlaid on the screen, but shortly after it aired, the phrase "Fred Savage Dead" began trending on Google.
Results for that search term deliver grim (and fake!) headlines claiming the actor perished in a drunk driving accident (some even say his brother, Ben, is dead as well!), but viewers picked up on the rumor on Twitter and it spread. Many intrepid Twitterers are simply retweeting the "Dead" headline and bogus news links, while others are discussing how they saw his picture during the Emmys.
Savage, who is 34 and now focuses on directing, has not commented on the silliness on his own Twitter page, but seeing as he was micro-blogging as recently as last night following the Emmys, we're certain Kevin Arnold is alive and well.
Haim died March 10 of natural causes from "community-acquired pneumonia" along with lung, heart and blood vessel problems, according to an autopsy report. While drugs were found in his system, they played no role in his death.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'
- 'Jeopardy' Criticized as Sexist for "What Women Want" Category
- Parvati Shallow Breaks Down 'Survivor': "Two Idols" Aren't Better Than None
- Rio Film Fest: City Pours New Funds on Audiovisual Industry
- Michael Jackson's ?Thriller' video to be released in 3D
- How one musician makes music from the sounds of YouTube
- ?Doctor Zhivago' comes to Broadway spring 2015
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect (VIDEO)
- Rosamund Pike on the Joys of Being David Fincher's 'Gone Girl'
- Is Ethan Hawke Becoming 'Doctor Strange'?