Kate Gosselin at Emmys: Lookin' for a Job (and a Man)
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 30th 2010 08:33AM
Kate Gosselin was a woman on a mission last night at the Emmy Awards, telling friends it was the perfect venue to find a new acting job and, yep, a new man.
"Kate has made her mind up that she's going to be an actress and hopes her new profession will result in her finding a new man," a friend of the mom 'o eight tells me, explaining that she saw the Emmys as the "perfect place" to network with casting directors and producers.
I'm told Kate has really enjoyed being a reality (and 'DWTS') star, but now she's ditching reality to focus on scripted work in an effort to be the next Edie Falco or, if she's looking to get into comedy, Tina Fey. Wait, that IS funny!
"The show she would really like to be cast in is 'Mad Men,'" my source deadpanned.
You have to admire Kate's confidence. Anyone else might feel a little intimidated walking the same red carpet as some of television's best-loved actors, including the legendary Betty White, but not the star 'Kate Plus 8.' Sources tell me she felt at home on the red carpet, but was a tad disappointed she didn't get a chance to meet George Clooney.
"Kate looks at the happiness of couples who met on sets together -- Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer and Rita Wilson and Tom Hanks come to mind -- and believes that's how she is going to find love again," an insider tells me. "She has it all planned out and won't take no for an answer."
Lock up 'Glee's' Mr. Schuester -- Kate's on a mission!
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Had No Comment on Bruce Jenner Interview? "I Wasn't Asked"
- Bruce Jenner Was Terrified to Come Out to Children; Brandon Jenner Knew First
- Bruce Jenner Clarifies Gender Identity vs. Sexuality in Diane Sawyer Interview: "It's Apples and Oranges"
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"
- Bruce Jenner Reveals Kanye West's Words of Wisdom, Says Kim Kardashian Has Been ''By Far'' the Most Accepting of His Gender Transition
- Bruce Jenner Admits He Once Contemplated Suicide