At Emmys, Lea Michele's Hair Can't Make a Decision on a Color
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Aug 30th 2010 09:00AM
'Glee' star Lea Michele stunned on the Emmy Awards red carpet in a blue Oscar de la Renta gown. Even more subtle was her two-tone hair with sunny copper highlights.
"There's a huge hair color trend going around where actresses are letting their hair color grow out a little bit, for dark roots with lighter ends," celebrity hair stylist Mark Townsend told our pals at StyleList from Los Angeles, where he'd just finished prepping both Michele and January Jones for the red carpet. "Jessica Biel, Drew Barrymore and Rachel Bilson are just a few adoptees of the look."
But when actresses are filming a movie or a television series, they are not allowed to change their hair length or color, so their hairstylists have to get creative.
Townsend did just that by lightening Michele's hair for the evening using clip-in hair extensions. "It gave her a very summer feeling," he said. "The Emmys happen at end of summer when everyone is tan and their hair is lighter. Lea's hair is naturally very dark brown, so we went really light with a golden copper hue for the highlights."
2010 Emmys Red Carpet Pics
Kate Gosselin blows us a kiss from the 2010 Emmy Awards red carpet. See photos of all the top dresses >>>
Jason Merritt, Getty Images
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style
MORE ABOUT Lea Michele
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lea Michele Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sean "Diddy" Combs Calls Jennifer Lopez's Butt "A Work of Art," Kim Kardashian's Doesn't Even Compare
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City for Season 7
- Tyler Perry, Jimmy Fallon Have Jumping Drones Race: Watch the Video!
- ?Dog The Bounty Hunter's' Son's GF Caught Up In Racist Scandal After Posting Anti-Asian Comments On Instagram
- What's On? Seven Day TV And Soaps Guide ? This Week's Best Bets And Soaps
- See The Fab And Drab From This Week's Celebrity Fashion Selection
- Glen Campbell sued over film documenting his Alzheimer's fight
- Tracy Morgan 'can't believe' Walmart blaming him in deadly traffic accident
- Unrelated celebrity twins