'Hung' Star Thomas Jane Goes Shoeless at Emmy Party
By Bryan Alexander Posted Aug 30th 2010 06:57AM
The 'Hung' star started off eccentric enough, wearing a black suede jacket over a snake-skin patterned shirt and jeans in a sea of black-ties. But it got stranger when, during an animated discussion with director Penny Marshall, Jane crawled into a crouch on the banquette to remove his Vibram Fivefinger shoes.
He left the shoes on the banquette as a confused Marshall looked on.
Then, with a look of a man who had found perfect freedom, he proceeded to walk around the formal party in his bare feet, even stepping outside to ensure photographers got a look at his fashion choice.
"I dropped off my shoes with Penny Marshall tonight," he told PopEater from the party.
Um, why? "Just because," he offered cryptically. "I knew she'd lose my shoes."
When pressed further, he said: "I lost [my shoes] in the 10th grade. I've never found them again. I've saved a lot of money over the years."
Of course, he might lose a little cash by just simply leaving his Vibram Fivefingers around. The specialty shoes are marketed as an outdoor alternative to bare feet and sell for up to $200 a pair.
Moving on from the shoe discussion, PopEater asked Jane about his attire. Perhaps he was in character for his HBO hit 'Hung,' where he plays a teacher who moonlights as a male escort.
"I'm looking for new 'Hung' clients all the time," he laughed. "I'm not sure if they'll like the snakeskin. It's actually the first time I've worn it. I'll find out."
"It's probably not going to be a big hit."
Au contraire. Jane and his bare feet were the the life of the party, as the star dropped in on conversation after conversation. He even surprised two female party guests by walking up to them and asking: "What's the theme of this party anyways?" When told it was "tropical paradise," he was even more pleased. "I like it," he announced, walking away with a smile.
When a guest shattered a champagne glass nearby, a waiter tried to direct Jane away during the clean-up process. The actor just shrugged and continued talking. He refused to let any broken glass affect his tropic paradise.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Alison Falls Into Charles' Clutches on Prom Night
- Shonda Rhimes Explains Why Derek Had to Die on Grey's Anatomy
- Steven Tyler Has the Perfect Reaction to Lenny Kravitz Accidentally Flashing His Penis — Read His Text Message
- Kim Kardashian's selfie book 'Selfish' didn't sell
- Kelly Osbourne's comments on 'The View' offend
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Ansel Elgort Covers Teen Vogue, Reveals Why He Cried During One of The Greatest Days of His Life
- Raven-Symoné Hosts Epic That's So Raven Reunion at The View, Teases Exciting Project With the Disney Cast
- Check Out Giuliana Rancic's Biggest E! News Moments Over the Years, Plus a Mash-Up of Her Signature Faces!