'True Blood' Cast Dumps HBO for 'Mad Men' Bash
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 30th 2010 05:35PM
"AMC not only knows how to put on great shows they also know how to throw one hell of a party," a Hollywood A-lister tells me.
"They won the biggest award of the night and had the biggest party that everyone wanted to get into. However, no one expected to see Alexander Skarsgard from 'True Blood' at the AMC party when his own network had a party not far away."
While HBO consistently enjoys critical accolades for its programming, it's been noticeably less successful in finding mainstream -- popular, must-see -- hits in the vein of 'Sex and the City' and 'The Sopranos.' It infamously passed on Matthew Weiner's 'Mad Men' idea, and it instead wound up on AMC.
Also seen at the Mad Men party were Kyra Sedgwick and her beau Kevin Bacon, George Clooney, Tina Fey, Matthew Morrison, Amy Poehler, Emily Blunt and John Krazinski, Neil Patrick Harris, Julianna Margulies, Ty Burelle, The 'Breaking Bad' cast, Joel McHale, Rashida Jones and Robert Pattinson, who was seen trying to get the attention of Mad Men creator Weiner.
Who knows, maybe our two favorite vampires will soon be slipping into their 1960s tailored suits.
Meanwhile ... Tina Fey's Secret to Staying Short(er) at the 'Mad' Party
Tina Fey is not just the funniest woman in Show business, she is also the smartest. The reason Tina looked a little shorter at the AMC Emmy party was she swapped out those killer high heals for a pair of sneakers.
"It's the best kept secret in Hollywood," an insider tells me. "All the experienced actors know to only to wear long dresses so you can change your footwear and no one will ever know the difference. It took me a couple of years to figure it out but it's a long, long evening that would be more painful than child birth if you kept those silly shoes on all night. It makes me laugh when I see a young actress arrive in a short dress and high heals."
My spy continues: "All the multiple-time nominees laugh, knowing full well in two hours those silly young things will be in pain, while us more experienced ladies can dance the night away."
Tina, now that you are our fashion hero can you have a word with your friend Jon Hamm. His zipper was down for the entire opening number!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Drinking Jimmy Kimmel's Wife's Breast Milk, "It's Almost Coconut-Milky"
- Britney Spears Talks "Sh--ty Day" After David Lucado Split, Still Manages to Smile
- Miley Cyrus's Homeless MTV VMAs Date Jesse Helt Turns Himself in to Police, Cyrus Helps Pay for Legal Help
- Ri-Jected? Rihanna ?Slighted' By Jay Z After He Flaked On Concert Appearance, Says Source ? Inside The Roc Nation ?Drama’
- Britney Spears and boyfriend David Lucado split
- 'Frasier's' David Hyde Pierce joins ?The Good Wife'
- Blake Shelton: 'I gotta get back to singing about getting drunk' on new album
- Donald Trump Completes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With the Help of Miss Universe and Miss USA—Watch Now!
- Dakota Fanning Loves Lisa Vanderpump, Talks 21st Birthday Plans (Yup, a Drink May Be Involved)
- Inside Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Budget Wedding—It Was Practically Free!