'True Blood' Cast Dumps HBO for 'Mad Men' Bash
By Rob Shuter Posted Aug 30th 2010 05:35PM
"AMC not only knows how to put on great shows they also know how to throw one hell of a party," a Hollywood A-lister tells me.
"They won the biggest award of the night and had the biggest party that everyone wanted to get into. However, no one expected to see Alexander Skarsgard from 'True Blood' at the AMC party when his own network had a party not far away."
While HBO consistently enjoys critical accolades for its programming, it's been noticeably less successful in finding mainstream -- popular, must-see -- hits in the vein of 'Sex and the City' and 'The Sopranos.' It infamously passed on Matthew Weiner's 'Mad Men' idea, and it instead wound up on AMC.
Also seen at the Mad Men party were Kyra Sedgwick and her beau Kevin Bacon, George Clooney, Tina Fey, Matthew Morrison, Amy Poehler, Emily Blunt and John Krazinski, Neil Patrick Harris, Julianna Margulies, Ty Burelle, The 'Breaking Bad' cast, Joel McHale, Rashida Jones and Robert Pattinson, who was seen trying to get the attention of Mad Men creator Weiner.
Who knows, maybe our two favorite vampires will soon be slipping into their 1960s tailored suits.
Meanwhile ... Tina Fey's Secret to Staying Short(er) at the 'Mad' Party
Tina Fey is not just the funniest woman in Show business, she is also the smartest. The reason Tina looked a little shorter at the AMC Emmy party was she swapped out those killer high heals for a pair of sneakers.
"It's the best kept secret in Hollywood," an insider tells me. "All the experienced actors know to only to wear long dresses so you can change your footwear and no one will ever know the difference. It took me a couple of years to figure it out but it's a long, long evening that would be more painful than child birth if you kept those silly shoes on all night. It makes me laugh when I see a young actress arrive in a short dress and high heals."
My spy continues: "All the multiple-time nominees laugh, knowing full well in two hours those silly young things will be in pain, while us more experienced ladies can dance the night away."
Tina, now that you are our fashion hero can you have a word with your friend Jon Hamm. His zipper was down for the entire opening number!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lorde Thrashes Around, Gives Energetic Performance of "Yellow Flicker Beat" at 2014 AMAs: Watch Now, Plus Taylor Swift's Audience Dancing!
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 7, Episode 3 Recap: New Housewife Claudia Jordan Debuts and More Top Moments
- Taylor Swift Plays With Fire in Over-the-Top "Blank Space" Performance at 2014 AMAs: Watch the Video
- The Best, Worst & Wackiest Dressed Stars At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Scott Parties While Pregnant Kourtney Posts About ‘Choices’ On Instagram
- Miley Looks Like A Muppet At Her Raunchy Birthday Celebration
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship