Sandra Bullock's Nickname for Baby Louis: 'My Little Cajun Cookie'
Bullock called her adopted son from New Orleans, Louis Bardo Bullock, her "little Cajun cookie."
She started the adoption process four years ago, and Louis' adoption was finalized earlier this year. Bullock announced her adoption in the midst of husband Jesse James' brutal cheating scandal, resurfacing after months out of the public eye with a glowing PEOPLE magazine cover holding her baby boy.
In an interview airing this morning on NBC's 'Today' show, Bullock says she didn't want to use her celebrity status to speed up the adoption process. She says: "I wanted to do everything exactly the same way everyone else did."
Bullock was in New Orleans this week for the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina to celebrate the opening of a school-based health clinic that she contributed to.
Bullock finalized her divorce from James earlier this year. He's since shacked up with the tattooed Kat Von D.
Photos of Bullock and Louis have been few and far between, though Us Weekly had some in May.
► Sandra Bullock: I Secretly Adopted a Son, Filed for Divorce
► Sandra Bullock Named Her Son After an Icon. So Did Readers
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
MORE ABOUT Sandra Bullock
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sandra Bullock Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- L.A. Clippers Star J.J. Redick Reveals His Not-So-Secret "Obsession": Watches
- 'Late Late Show' Slots Pre-James Corden Guest Hosts; 'Talk' Gets Late-Night Trial
- Guillermo del Toro on Who Will Return in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Candace Cameron Bure Loves These Five Family-Friendly Holiday Films
- James Cameron Uses Outdated Slang to Hype 'Avatar' Sequels
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' Review: Why the Comedy Sequel Isn't As Horrible As You Might Think