Sandra Bullock's Nickname for Baby Louis: 'My Little Cajun Cookie'
Bullock called her adopted son from New Orleans, Louis Bardo Bullock, her "little Cajun cookie."
She started the adoption process four years ago, and Louis' adoption was finalized earlier this year. Bullock announced her adoption in the midst of husband Jesse James' brutal cheating scandal, resurfacing after months out of the public eye with a glowing PEOPLE magazine cover holding her baby boy.
In an interview airing this morning on NBC's 'Today' show, Bullock says she didn't want to use her celebrity status to speed up the adoption process. She says: "I wanted to do everything exactly the same way everyone else did."
Bullock was in New Orleans this week for the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina to celebrate the opening of a school-based health clinic that she contributed to.
Bullock finalized her divorce from James earlier this year. He's since shacked up with the tattooed Kat Von D.
Photos of Bullock and Louis have been few and far between, though Us Weekly had some in May.
► Sandra Bullock: I Secretly Adopted a Son, Filed for Divorce
► Sandra Bullock Named Her Son After an Icon. So Did Readers
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
MORE ABOUT Sandra Bullock
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sandra Bullock Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Stewart says she can't act well if she doesn't 'vibe' with costar
- Hello Kitty not a cat, expert says
- 'Cops' crew member killed by police officers
- Faye Dunaway to Be Honored at Lyon's Lumiere Film Festival
- New York Film Festival Director Protests Beijing Indie Fest Shutdown
- 'Doctor Who' Traveling to Minecraft on Xbox
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- 'Saw' Will Be Back in Theaters to Terrorize You This Halloween
- Meet Chibatman, the Caped Crusader Riding Around Japan (VIDEO)
- YA Movie Parents Who Don't Suck