Jon Gosselin to Kate: 'Pay Me Or I'll Report You to Child Services'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 1st 2010 08:45AM
Reality star and octo-parent Jon Gosselin threatened to report ex-wife Kate to Child Protective Services if she didn't pay him a huge chunk of money, RadarOnline.com reports.
The proof comes in handwritten documents leaked by Jon's post-Kate gal-pal Hailey Glassman. Radar calls it "the ugliest chapter in a brutal divorce."
Glassman says: "We were in bed and Jon called Kate on speaker phone. He wrote down what he wanted to say to her and then he read from his notes. He told her, 'You either give me money, or I'm going to call CPS [Child Protective Services].'" Part of the plan came from Jon and Kate's daughter Maddy hurting her arm; Jon threatened to tells authorities Kate harmed the 9-year-old.
Glassman says Gosselin likes referring to himself in third person, which is reflected in the notes. One reads, "Jon giving Kate ultimatums. He privately extorts Kate. If you don't do what I want, I'll do this." Another says, "Need 50k or 100k now. 24/48 hours or I'll go to DA [district attorney]."
"He always referred to himself in the third person," Glassman tells Radar. "I found it so strange. It was almost like he thought he was still on camera. Kate would just say, 'You're sick Jon, you're sick. How could you do this to me? You need help.' I just remember thinking at the time that if he could do this to the mother of his kids, what would he do to me?"
Glassman says Kate "started screaming" during Jon's threats to extort her, and Jon laughed. The money grab was not an isolated incident, either.
"There were so many times I witnessed it," Glassman says. "That's how he works. He'd say, 'I'm going to go public with the way you treat the kids, I'm going to call CPS and the news and tell them everything unless you give me what I want.' "
Gosseling took to his Twitter page on Wednesday to slam the report.
"RadarOnline has been duped again by Hailey Glassman, who is apparently without a job and desperate for money," he wrote. "This article contains so many lies, they are too numerous to count. It is completely false and without any merit."
But another Gosselin ex, Kate Major, is standing up for Glassman, telling PopEater, "It doesn't surprise me in the least that Jon would deny Hailey's accusations about threatening to call CPS on Kate. He constantly bashed Kate to me and even told me he wanted full custody of the kids just for the money. He was very vindictive towards the mother of his children. It was if he was out to get her."
Glassman, who obtained the notes in Jon's New York apartment while the two were dating and living together, calls him a man with "no boundaries."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kylie Jenner Dresses Like Catwoman, Attends Khloe's Coachella Party in Lingerie With Tyga: Pictures
- Naked and Afraid Survivalist Wrangles a Deadly Snake While Fully Nude -- Watch a Clip!
- Scott Disick, Kris Jenner Clash Over Vegas Club Appearance: Watch the KUWTK Clip!
- 'Star Wars' design team teases themes, inspirations behind 'The Force Awakens'
- Blake Shelton thinks Luke Bryan would be good judge on 'The Voice'
- 'Anne of Green Gables' actor Jonathan Crombie dies at 48
- 2015 Academy of Country Music Awards: 5 Things to Know Before Tonight's Big Show!
- Miley Cyrus Can't Stop Changing Her Look at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony, Admits She ''Wanted to Have Sex" With Joan Jett
- Reggie Bush and Lilit Avagyan Are Expecting a Baby Boy! Get the Latest on the "Overjoyed and Happy" Couple