All the Wives 'Do Well for Themselves,' Says Bravo Exec Andy Cohen
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 2nd 2010 10:00AM
Andy Cohen, the adorable Bravo exec who gave himself his own talk show ('Watch What Happens: Live'), sat down with me to answer some of my burning questions about his uber-hot 'Housewives' franchise. Find out what secrets he reveals about part two of the 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' reunion show, airing Monday. He's the brave host. Plus, learn why the ladies should NOT need a pay increase any time soon and why Bravo passed on doing a gay version of the franchise.
What can we expect on Monday night ... come on Andy, give us a tease!
More engaging dialogue, Kim G., a show-and-tell from Danielle, a surprising plea for forgiveness and a shocking conclusion.
[Sources tell me one of the ladies leaves the show FOREVER.]
Why do you think the 'Jersey' show is the most popular?
I think people love the women, the drama and the family dynamic.
Who is your favorite housewife. Who do you hang out with?
I really don't have a favorite. I love them all and see them all out and about.
How do you decide whom to invite back. Is it all focus groups?
It is dictated usually by what they have going on in their lives and with each other.
The 'Housewives of DC' doesn't seem to have the same buzz as the others. What's your honest take on it?
I am so excited about the 'DC Housewives.' It surprises me every week because it touches on issues previously unseen in the franchise -- race, politics, genealogy, DC society and hierarchy. There's a really compelling and surprising debate about gay marriage coming up.
Some people complain there are too many 'Housewife' franchises out there, and that Bravo is diluting the brand. What would you say?
Actually, the brand has never been more popular, and we are very careful about where and how we expand it.
Why did Bravo pass on the gay housewife idea that another network (Logo) has picked up on?
It didn't interest us.
Which housewife calls you to complain the most?
I take the fifth.
Are you team Jill or Bethenny?
I am team everybody. They're both amazing.
Which housewife do you think leaks the most stories to the press?
I think the New York women run the leakiest ship in town, but they live and breathe in the center of the media universe, so they're way more exposed to the press on a daily basis.
Do all the housewives earn the same? How much?
They all do well for themselves.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Toronto International Film Festival Standout Films, Performances
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Recap: Who Told Amber Marchese to "Shut Up"?
- Britney Spears Celebrates Sons Sean, Jayden's Birthdays With Skateboard Party: Picture
- Will Smith Arrives At Showtime’s VIP Prefight Party For “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ At The MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Fans Slam Vicki Gunvalson After She Continues Defending Boyfriend Brooks Ayers' Sleazy Behavior: ?You Need To Take The Blindfolds Off!’ Says One Follower
- Country star Lynn Anderson charged with DUI
- 'No Good Deed' tops 'Dolphin Tale 2' in box office weekend
- Statue of late singer Amy Winehouse unveiled in London