Photo: Lady Gaga Raises Her Torch as the Statue of Liberty
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Sep 2nd 2010 10:00PM
Pretty unsurprisingly, Gaga, dressed as a disheveled Statue of Liberty, appears in hardly anything aside from a lacy black bra and matching Calvin Klein panties with a beautiful buff-colored Louis Vuitton evening gown falling around her hips.
Her ever-changing tresses are blondish-gray with a portion pointing straight up in seven spikes. She carries a burning torch (made by the Haus of Gaga) to complete the iconic statue effect.
"Just as the Statue of Liberty was France's gift to America, Gaga is, to us, New York's greatest gift to pop culture and fashion," V editor Stephen Gan says in the issue. "She embodies everything V is about, and is also a beacon of the city's creativity and hope."
"Exactly one year after her first V cover (the first fashion magazine cover she was on), we decided to do the New York Issue, and she was the first person who came to mind to represent our great city," he says. "In the year that's passed, she has become a bona fide genius and we can safely declare her our muse."
The cover of issue #67 was shot by Mario Testino and styled by Gaga's stylist Nicola Formichetti, while the V logo was created out of gum by New York-based artist Dan Colen. (Artists Nate Lowman and Spencer Sweeney take on the letter for two separate covers -- see them here!)
Another photograph of the duo -- in which Jacobs pushes Gaga around in a shopping cart, her crippling platform boots by Noritaka Tatehana stuck in the air -- opens a spread featuring a roster of other New Yorkers including Chloe Sevigny (in Miu Miu), Liya Kebede (in Dsquared), Debbie Harry, and Mark Ronson.
Lady Gaga Snapshots
Lady Gaga refuses to dress down while making her way through Vancouver International Airport. See More Photos of the Stylish Superstar
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- Tim McGraw Reveals How He Scared His Daughter's Boyfriend
- 'Frozen' Feud? Rosie O'Donnell Fires Back at Mayim Bialik
- How Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Makes Sure She Knows About Nude Photos
- Jessica Simpson's Son Ace, 14 Months, Walks While Holding Snack: Picture
- Gwen Stefani Fought With Gavin Rossdale During The Voice: "We Had Only Collaborated on Making Babies"
- Ashton Kutcher Parties With Jamie Foxx, Robin Thicke, Leonardo DiCaprio and More Before Mila Kunis Gives Birth: Details