Failed Letterman Blackmailer Freed From Jail Early
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 2nd 2010 09:58AM
David Letterman over the comedian's office affairs has been freed from a New York City jail. City Department of Correction records show Robert "Joe" Halderman was released Thursday. He served four months of his six-month sentence and got time off for good behavior.
The former CBS News producer admitted he demanded $2 million in hush money last fall to keep from revealing personal information about Letterman. The case spurred the 'Late Show' host to reveal on-air that he'd had sex with women on his staff.
Halderman's lawyer says his client is glad to put jail behind him and is looking for work. Meanwhile, he has to complete 1,000 hours of community service.
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fifty Shades of Grey New Trailer: Christian Grey Asks "Do You Trust Me?"
- Jennifer Aniston's Cake Costar Camille Guaty on Her Weight Gain: People Thought She Was Pregnant!
- Harry Styles: Did He Send Taylor Swift 1,989 Red Roses? Watch Tell All in Video!
- It's A Boy! Or Girl? Kourtney Kardashian's Baby's Gender Revealed
- Too Much Pressure? Leah Messer Quits ?Teen Mom 2' Amid Divorce Rumors
- Rapper facing life in prison for 'promoting gang violence' on album cover
- Britain still grappling with barrage of celebrity sex abuse
- Lou Ferrigno's wife Carla Ferrigno accuses Bill Cosby of assault; more come forward