Failed Letterman Blackmailer Freed From Jail Early
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 2nd 2010 09:58AM
David Letterman over the comedian's office affairs has been freed from a New York City jail. City Department of Correction records show Robert "Joe" Halderman was released Thursday. He served four months of his six-month sentence and got time off for good behavior.
The former CBS News producer admitted he demanded $2 million in hush money last fall to keep from revealing personal information about Letterman. The case spurred the 'Late Show' host to reveal on-air that he'd had sex with women on his staff.
Halderman's lawyer says his client is glad to put jail behind him and is looking for work. Meanwhile, he has to complete 1,000 hours of community service.
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Whoopi Goldberg, Rosie O'Donnell Have Screaming Match About Racism on The View: Watch Video!
- Abigail Breslin Insists She Has No Drama With Taylor Swift, Tweet Was About Herself
- Emily Blunt's Post-Baby Body Is Unreal: See Her Toned Abs, Slim Figure
- Paramount won't let theaters screen 'Team America: World Police"
- 'The Interview' was originally scripted with fake country, fake leader's name
- Ex-'Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden indicted on rape charges
- Nicole Richie Pulls a Bethenny Frankel, Borrows 6-Year-Old Daughter Harlow's Jacket...and It Fits Her Perfectly
- Seth Rogen Heads to Sony, James Franco Parties With Lady Gaga After Studio Shuts Down The Interview
- Emmy Rossum Is Not Engaged Despite Being Spotted Wearing a Sparkling Ring