Failed Letterman Blackmailer Freed From Jail Early
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 2nd 2010 09:58AM
David Letterman over the comedian's office affairs has been freed from a New York City jail. City Department of Correction records show Robert "Joe" Halderman was released Thursday. He served four months of his six-month sentence and got time off for good behavior.
The former CBS News producer admitted he demanded $2 million in hush money last fall to keep from revealing personal information about Letterman. The case spurred the 'Late Show' host to reveal on-air that he'd had sex with women on his staff.
Halderman's lawyer says his client is glad to put jail behind him and is looking for work. Meanwhile, he has to complete 1,000 hours of community service.
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Idol's Allison Iraheta Is Married: Report
- Brad Pitt Talks Drug Use, Says He Had an "Epiphany" 10 Years Ago; Robert Pattinson Moves Out of Kristen Stewart's Home: Today's Top Stories
- Jesse James Accidentally Cuts Off His Finger, Says He Doesn't Need Morphine
- Nikki Sixx Takes Another Shot At Kim Kardashian's Insensitivity During Oklahoma Tornado
- Talk About A Transformation! Sharon Stone Goes From Makeup-Free To Red Hot Bombshell At Cannes
- 'Dancing With the Stars' crowns a new champion
- No background check done on Michael Jackson's doctor, lawyer says
- Break Time: Tan Mom makes an unfortunate music video