Jay Leno's Losing the Kids, but Dave Is Still Behind
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 3rd 2010 02:00PM
Jay Leno is still the king of late night TV, but he's not scoring the kinds of ratings that matter most to the networks.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, this summer, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' pulled in its worst ratings on record among the coveted-by-advertisers 18-49 demographic, while still gaining more overall viewers than last summer.
Meanwhile, David Letterman still can't beat his nemesis -- even with Leno off his game. The 'Late Show' funnyman has fallen behind "The Chin" by a 22 percent margin this season.
Most importantly for NBC's ego, however, is that Leno is still beating Conan O'Brien's total audience numbers from last year by a 12 percent margin, averaging 3.8 million viewers to Conan's 3.4 million.
Naturally, NBC contends that the numbers will be fine in the long run.
Jay Leno Snapshots
Jay Leno speaks during the panel for "The Jay Leno Show" at the NBC Universal Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif. More Photos >>
MORE ABOUT Jay Leno
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jay Leno Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Martin Bashir Leaves MSNBC After "Ill-Judged" Sarah Palin Slam
- Keri Russell, Family "Fine" After Home Burglarized While She Was in Bed, Rep Says
- Brie Larson Wins Best Actress Award At The Gotham Awards in NYC
- Inside Kris Jenner’s Mexican Vacation With Boy Toy Ben Flajnik (And A Sea Lion!) — Plus, Does He Date For Cash?
- 'Fast and Furious 7' could be canceled after Paul Walker's death
- Break Time: Rebecca Black regrets viral video 'Friday'?!
- Henry Cavill beats out other hunks as Glamour's sexiest man: Who's really the sexiest man of 2013?
- Mariah Carey Rocks Two Diva Dresses for the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony: Which Works Best?
- Lea Michele on Having the Support of Her Glee Family: "I Love Everyone There So, So Very Much"
- Ed Sheeran: Taylor Swift's "Livin' on a Prayer" Performance Was "Badass"—Watch Now!