Jay Leno's Losing the Kids, but Dave Is Still Behind
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 3rd 2010 02:00PM
Jay Leno is still the king of late night TV, but he's not scoring the kinds of ratings that matter most to the networks.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, this summer, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' pulled in its worst ratings on record among the coveted-by-advertisers 18-49 demographic, while still gaining more overall viewers than last summer.
Meanwhile, David Letterman still can't beat his nemesis -- even with Leno off his game. The 'Late Show' funnyman has fallen behind "The Chin" by a 22 percent margin this season.
Most importantly for NBC's ego, however, is that Leno is still beating Conan O'Brien's total audience numbers from last year by a 12 percent margin, averaging 3.8 million viewers to Conan's 3.4 million.
Naturally, NBC contends that the numbers will be fine in the long run.
Jay Leno Snapshots
Jay Leno speaks during the panel for "The Jay Leno Show" at the NBC Universal Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif. More Photos >>
MORE ABOUT Jay Leno
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jay Leno Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Expecting First Child: See Baby Bump Picture
- Kate Middleton, Mindy Kaling Wear Same L.K. Bennett Dress: Pictures
- Vincent Kartheiser Opens Up About Falling For Fiancee Alexis Bledel, Mad Men Cast Rooted For Them
- Ian Somerhalder Dating Molly Swenson
- Battle Of The Boy Bands! Joey Fatone Disses Nick Carter
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Her Baby Bump With Ashton Kutcher And His Pregnant Sister
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'