Jay Leno's Losing the Kids, but Dave Is Still Behind
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 3rd 2010 02:00PM
Jay Leno is still the king of late night TV, but he's not scoring the kinds of ratings that matter most to the networks.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, this summer, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' pulled in its worst ratings on record among the coveted-by-advertisers 18-49 demographic, while still gaining more overall viewers than last summer.
Meanwhile, David Letterman still can't beat his nemesis -- even with Leno off his game. The 'Late Show' funnyman has fallen behind "The Chin" by a 22 percent margin this season.
Most importantly for NBC's ego, however, is that Leno is still beating Conan O'Brien's total audience numbers from last year by a 12 percent margin, averaging 3.8 million viewers to Conan's 3.4 million.
Naturally, NBC contends that the numbers will be fine in the long run.
Jay Leno Snapshots
Jay Leno speaks during the panel for "The Jay Leno Show" at the NBC Universal Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif. More Photos >>
MORE ABOUT Jay Leno
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jay Leno Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leolah Brown Interrupts Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral, Calls Out Pat Houston: "Whitney Is Rolling Over in Her Grave!"
- Valerie Harper Is Not in a Coma, Gives Update on Health After Hospitalization
- Bobby Brown, Houston Family Mourn the Late Bobbi Kristina Brown at Funeral
- Wrestling legend Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Actress Valerie Harper out of hospital, resting with family
- Lynn Anderson, singer of 'Rose Garden,' dead at 67