Jay Leno's Losing the Kids, but Dave Is Still Behind
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 3rd 2010 02:00PM
Jay Leno is still the king of late night TV, but he's not scoring the kinds of ratings that matter most to the networks.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, this summer, 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' pulled in its worst ratings on record among the coveted-by-advertisers 18-49 demographic, while still gaining more overall viewers than last summer.
Meanwhile, David Letterman still can't beat his nemesis -- even with Leno off his game. The 'Late Show' funnyman has fallen behind "The Chin" by a 22 percent margin this season.
Most importantly for NBC's ego, however, is that Leno is still beating Conan O'Brien's total audience numbers from last year by a 12 percent margin, averaging 3.8 million viewers to Conan's 3.4 million.
Naturally, NBC contends that the numbers will be fine in the long run.
Jay Leno Snapshots
Jay Leno speaks during the panel for "The Jay Leno Show" at the NBC Universal Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif. More Photos >>
MORE ABOUT Jay Leno
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jay Leno Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tony Nominations 2015: See the Full List of Honorees, Hosts!
- Jeremy Jackson, Baywatch Star, Arrested for Allegedly Stabbing Man in Torso
- Bruce Jenner Threatening to Sue Over "Illegally Obtained" Dress Photos
- Mariah Carey makes grand Las Vegas Strip entrance
- Courtney Stodden sex tape for sale?
- Celebrities, film industry react to Baltimore riots
- Jeremy Renner Teases a Few "Cool Secrets That Are Revealed" About Hawkeye in Avengers: Age of Ultron—Watch!
- Shipping the 2015 Met Gala: Our Dream Celeb-Designer Collaborations
- Hayley Atwell Gets Stuck in the Airport Watching Captain America, Dresses as Peggy Cater for Driver's License—See the Pic