'Grey's Anatomy' Doc Sarah Drew Would Love to Make a Return to 'Mad Men'
By Denise Warner Posted Sep 3rd 2010 07:00PM
The actress, who is really excited to return to the show as a series regular, talked to PopEater about what's in store for April this season, and whether or not we'll see her on 'Mad Men' again -- as Sal's suffering wife, Kitty Romano.
"There's definitely a possibility that some day [Sal] can come back, who knows if he'll be with his wife at that point. I thought it was such a fascinating story. I was shocked that it just ended abruptly. I hope I get to come back," she tells PopEater.
Congrats on the full time 'Grey's Anatomy' gig. How does it feel?
It feels totally amazing. I feel so lucky.
Did you watch the show before you were on it?
Yeah. It's been on my Tivo since day one. My husband and I have been enormous fans of it from the beginning. It was pretty exciting. I still sometimes call Ellen [Pompeo] 'Meredith' because it's hard for me to remember they are real people.
What can we expect for April this season?
Episode three is a fun April episode. The first two episodes she's in the background a bit. She's got a couple little moments here and there but in the third episodes there's a big secret that's revealed about her that's pretty delicious. I can't share it, unfortunately. We may see some blossoming. We may see some heartache. We'll definitely get a whole lot of awesome, awkward April moments, for sure.
Typical 'Grey's' happenings.
Is there any chance you're going to be back on 'Mad Men'?
I hope so, but I will only come back if Sal comes back. And even if he does come back, who knows if Kitty will still be his wife. I really don't know. I think everybody was sad when Sal go the boot, because he's such an interesting character. There's definitely a possibility that some day he can come back, who knows if he'll be with his wife at that point. I thought it was such a fascinating story. I was shocked that it just ended abruptly. I hope I get to come back. That was some of the most fulfilling work I've ever done.
I imagine it must have been awesome to be part of that show, too.
Oh my gosh, such an honor, again. Matt Weiner is a genius. And also such a lovely person, I bonded with him when I worked with him. He knows exactly how he wants to tell his story in every episode. It's wonderful to have someone with that kind of vision at the helm, because you just take the words and you follow and you follow in a way that ends up paying off. He's a genius, I'd love to work with him again.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
MTV's 'Jersey Shores' Michael Sorrentino "The Situation" shows his softer side as he plays with his pooch in Seaside Heights, NJ.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jake Gyllenhaal Gets Soaked in Water War With Jimmy Fallon on Tonight Show: Watch
- Taylor Kitsch Kept Tim Riggins' Football Jerseys From Friday Night Lights, Reveals Panther Buddies He Keeps In Touch With
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed by Bruce Jenner for Dating Her Friend: "She's Livid"
- ?He Said He'd Pay Her': How ?Manipulative' Hank Baskett Tried To Cover Up The Transsexual Scandal ? Model's Best Friend Tells All In Video Confession
- Booby Chaps! 10 Photos Of Male Celebrities Sporting An Impressive Set Of Man Boobs
- My Everything! Ariana Grande Is ?Spending The Holidays' With ?Soul Partner' Boyfriend Big Sean
- Jennifer Lopez: I felt 'abused' in past relationships
- Roman Polanski questioned in Poland about 1977 sex with a minor case
- Shania Twain reveals she has more music in the works