This Really Happened: Björk's Berserk Purple Pantsuit
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 4th 2010 12:41PM
While nothing could ever top the Icelandic singer's epically fugly swan dress (Oscars 2001), this purple concoction comes really, really close. The musician thrilled fashion police around the globe this week when she strolled into a press conference for the Polar Music Prize in Stockholm, Sweden, looking like the gonzo star of a Cirque du Soleil ode to Barney.
Naysayers will go to town on her ensemble, but you have to love the enormous grin that says, "I'm Björk! Purple is music to my eyes!" Among our million urgent questions about this design: Why is there a large mesh hole mid-torso? And is her bra meant to show? Surely Tim Gunn would suggest bringing that tummy circle down a few inches -- and changing the neck, sleeves, hip bustles, fabric, color and entire silhouette (then again, wouldn't 'Project Runway' benefit from a 'Design for Björk' episode?).
Björk, 44, is clearly elated to be honored with the Polar Music Prize 2010. From the organization's official website: "With her deeply personal music and lyrics, her precise arrangements and her unique voice, Björk has already made an indelible mark on pop music and modern culture at large, despite her relative youth. No other artist moves so freely between avant-garde and pop. With her albums and videos, Björk has taken avant-garde to the top of the charts. She has also always embraced technological advances, combining computers with ancient sounds. Björk has introduced an arctic temperament to popular music and shown how passionate and explosive it can be. Björk is an untameable force of nature, an artist who marches to nobody's tune but her own."
Congrats, Björk! It's a far more colorful world with you in it!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Moby's Perfect Summer Playlist
- LOOK: Michelle Obama Dances With D.C. School Kids!
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development'
- ?Suits' makes EW's Summer Must List ? the stars give us theirs
- Season Finale Round-Up: Our TV critics on ?The Office,' ?Bates Motel,' ?Doctor Who,' ?Arrow,' ?Nashville' and more
- Mariah Carey swears, has a wardrobe issue on ?Good Morning America' ? VIDEO
- Randy Jackson Visits Air Force Base, Debuts New Guitar Collection
- Star-Studded PSA Shines Spotlight on Global Water Crisis
- Video! Howard Stern Talks Therapy, Personal Obsession and More on 'Katie'