Danielle Staub Is Leaving 'Real Housewives'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 7th 2010 06:18AM
Danielle Staub, the firecracker on Bravo's 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey,' will not be returning to the show, the network announced Monday. Throughout the tumultuous second season, Staub enraged Caroline Manzo, her sister-in-law Jacqueline Laurita and family friend Teresa Giudice, though Staub seemed to make amends at the end of Monday's reunion episode.
"The reunion was Danielle's last appearance on 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey,'" said Andy Cohen, Bravo's senior vice president of original programming and development, who also hosts the 'Housewives' reunion shows. "We thought the hugs were a great way to end two seasons of bitterness between the women."
Despite rumors that Staub quit to focus on her own show, sources tell PopEater she was actually fired.
"Cast members Caroline and Jacqueline made it clear that if Danielle stayed they would leave," a 'Housewives' insider tells PopEater. "Bravo had already lost cast member Dina because of Danielle and couldn't risk losing another two cast members from the top 'Housewife' show in the whole franchise."
Last month, Staub told PopEater's Amber James, "I am considering many incredible options that have been presented to me ... Don't worry next year, I'll still be the one you either love to hate or hate to love."
An insider adds that Staub is working on a spin-off reality series (like Bethenny Frankel's), which will focus on her life and her daughter's career. "I don't know if there are talks right now about a third season of the show, but I'm more excited about talks of my spin-off than anything else," she told Life & Style Magazine at her birthday party in New York on August 10.
In the meantime, Bravo is searching for new cast members, both in existing and potential locales, according to Cohen. That means interviewing and filming test footage of possible 'Housewives' with their friends and families. Cohen said the network has attempted to wrangle a Texas edition for the past two years, but "never hit it" with the right group of women.
MORE ABOUT Danielle Staub
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Danielle Staub Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!
- Dr. Dre Didn't Want to Make Straight Outta Compton: I Was Nervous About ''Putting a Blemish on Our Legacy''—Watch!