'Housewife' Teresa Giudice 'Terrified' of Prison
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 7th 2010 08:45AM
Exclusive: Over the weekend, PopEater broke the staggering new report that Teresa Giudice and her husband, Joe, stand accused of fraud, after allegedly hiding over $250,000 when filing for bankruptcy. Now, sources close to Teresa tell me the 'Real Housewife' is terrified about what will happen next.
"It's going to be a s**t storm when the truth comes out and Bravo is going to be filming the fallout," a friend of Teresa's tells me. "I feel so bad for her and honestly believe she had no idea what was going on, but she must know now."
Camera crews will be following Teresa and her family around for the next season of 'Housewives,' and she believes everything she says could be used against her in court.
The reality star's friend tells me she would rather drop out of the show altogether than end up in prison because of something she lets slip on TV. The poor thing is terrified.
Her legal troubles are not the only reason Teresa is scared. Insiders tell me Teresa's sister-in-law, Melissa Gorga, contacted Bravo about joining the cast. Bravo liked the idea so much that they even spent a week with Melissa doing test filming behind Teresa's back.
"Teresa and Melissa do not get on at all," a family insider tells me. "That is why Teresa has been saying she would rather have Danielle stay on the show. If Melissa does join, Teresa will quit for sure."
[Bravo announced Monday that Danielle has been dropped from the cast. Boo!]
Between all the legal troubles she believes the show has brought her and the thought of taping scenes with Melissa, Teresa is over it. Plus, she can't go to prison -- she's claustrophobic.
Real Housewives of New Jersey
NEW YORK - JUNE 14: (L-R) TV Guide Magazine publisher Lori O'Connor, Bravo's "Real Housewives of New Jersey's" Jacqueline Laurita and Caroline Manzo and TV Guide Magazine Editor-in-Chief Debra Birnbaum attend the TV Guide party to celebrate The Power List and the 3000th issue at GILT at The New York Palace Hotel on June 14, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Charles Eshelman/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Lori O'Connor;Jacqueline Laurita;Caroline Manzo;Debra Birnbaum
Getty Images North America
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Teresa Giudice
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Teresa Giudice Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend Casper Smart Wishes "The Most Beautiful Lil Bear" a Happy Birthday: Picture
- Fifi Geldof Writes Angry Message After Late Sister Peaches Geldof's Autopsy Results
- Taylor Swift Gives Advice About Unrequited Love to a Young Fan: Read Her Instagram Response
- High School Drama, Revisited! Ian Ziering Train Wreck Remark ?Really Hurt' Tori Spelling, Jennie Garth Says
- Susan Richardson, Of ?Eight Is Enough' Fame, Opens Up About Battles With Health, Finances, Death & More
- Dressed To Kill? Celebs Show Us Their Best And Worst Fashion Choices ? See The Looks And Decide Which Ones You Love And Hate!
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Report: Melissa McCarthy skipping Jenny McCarthy's Wedding
- Mystery still surrounds the whereabouts of Casey Kasem's remains
- Investigators Solve "Creepy and Disturbing" Porcelain Doll Case in California—Get the Scoop!
- Is Charlize Theron Engaged to Sean Penn? Star Spotted With Gleaming Ring on That Finger
- Justin Theroux Jokes About "Bad Boy" Image by Googling His Many "Mug Shots" on Jimmy Kimmel Live!