Exclusive: Natasha Bedingfield Sets CD Release Date
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 7th 2010 08:44AM
Recorded in LA and set for release on Phonogenic/Epic Records, Bedingfield's new record came from more than 50 songs she wrote in the last few years of traveling and performing around the world. The final result was "stripped" down to 13 songs.
"I've been touring for so many years now that I wrote with my live gigs in mind. I wanted to write anthems that people could sing along to -- things that were still personal, but definitely trying to find the best way to connect with people," the singer tells PopEater.
Speaking about the title track, Natasha says, "In the chorus, it goes, 'Build me up, or cut me down to size / Shut me out but I'll just scream / I'm only one voice in a million, but you ain't taking that from me.' People can treat you any way, but that doesn't change who you are. We're not defined by the situations we're in, but by what's inside. And we forget about the power of each person's voice."
Bedingfield has sold more than 10 million singles and albums worldwide, and has had five top 10 U.K. singles. In the U.S., her 2006 debut brought her a No. 1 single with 'These Words.' Her last album, 'Pocketful Of Sunshine,' debuted at No. 3 on Billboard's Top 200 Album Chart upon release.
See PopEater's behind-the-scenes clip of the making of Natasha's 'Touch' video:
created 02.06.2009 by S. Kellman
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Johnny Depp shines in gritty gangster tale 'Black Mass'
- Dylan O'Brien & Kaya Scoderlario Dish on 'Maze Runner: The Scorch Trails'
- Friendly Exes! Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Smile After Visiting Family Counseling Center
- Sun's Out, Buns Out! Can You Guess the Star?