Poll: Alaskans Really Don't Like Levi Johnston
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 7th 2010 11:34AM
According to a new survey conducted by Public Policy Polling, Johnston beat out former presidential hopeful John Edwards' previous record for most hated politician in any given state, earning a 72 percent unfavorable rating versus a 6 percent positive rating. In a January poll conducted in North Carolina, the tarnished Tar Heel politician rocked a unfavorable rating of 72 percent, but a rosy-compared-to-Levi 15 percent still held a favorable view of the one-time presidential hopeful.
Last month, Johnston announced his bid to run for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, though he won't appear on the ballot until 2011.
The only bright side for K-Fed 2.0 is that he's got nowhere to go but up, according to PPP.
"It's hard to muster a favorability rating lower than 6 percent," PPP wrote. "That's about the where the average person off the street we polled on a lark would be, so Johnston may hold this dubious distinction for a long time."
The statistics are especially rough for Johnston, as Edwards' numbers can likely be attributed to a messy scandal involving a lovechild with his mistress, while Johnston was merely busy making headlines with his much-publicized on-again, off-again relationship with Bristol Palin.
Johnston isn't the only public figure to see their polling numbers in Alaska plummet, though. PPP also found that residents now have an unfavorable view of their former governor, Sarah Palin, to the tune of 55 percent. Thirty-seven percent still dig her.
Naturally, Johnston's ex doesn't have that much faith in his political future.
"He needs to move back to Wasilla," Bristol Palin told Jay Leno on Friday. "He needs to get his G.E.D."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Keyshia Cole Arrested After Attacking Woman in Boyfriend Birdman's Condo
- Justin Bieber Is Aware No One Likes His Mustache, Tells Fans to "Calm Down": Picture
- Kate Hudson Said She and Her Mom Goldie Hawn "Can See Dead People"
- ?Duck Dynasty' Medical Crisis! The Truth About Phil Robertson’s Alleged Hospital Stay Revealed
- The Show Will Go On! ‘Fashion Police’ To Return On E! ?As Joan Rivers Would Have Wanted' In 2015
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Honey Boo Boo All Smiles, Mama June and Sugar Bear Ditch Wedding Rings Post-Split—See the Pics!
- Ouch! Christina Applegate Wears Ice Pack, Large Arm Bandage on Vacation Set—Find Out What Happened!
- Keyshia Cole Arrested, Booked on Battery Charge After Allegedly Attacking a Woman at Birdman's Condo