Poll: Alaskans Really Don't Like Levi Johnston
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 7th 2010 11:34AM
According to a new survey conducted by Public Policy Polling, Johnston beat out former presidential hopeful John Edwards' previous record for most hated politician in any given state, earning a 72 percent unfavorable rating versus a 6 percent positive rating. In a January poll conducted in North Carolina, the tarnished Tar Heel politician rocked a unfavorable rating of 72 percent, but a rosy-compared-to-Levi 15 percent still held a favorable view of the one-time presidential hopeful.
Last month, Johnston announced his bid to run for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, though he won't appear on the ballot until 2011.
The only bright side for K-Fed 2.0 is that he's got nowhere to go but up, according to PPP.
"It's hard to muster a favorability rating lower than 6 percent," PPP wrote. "That's about the where the average person off the street we polled on a lark would be, so Johnston may hold this dubious distinction for a long time."
The statistics are especially rough for Johnston, as Edwards' numbers can likely be attributed to a messy scandal involving a lovechild with his mistress, while Johnston was merely busy making headlines with his much-publicized on-again, off-again relationship with Bristol Palin.
Johnston isn't the only public figure to see their polling numbers in Alaska plummet, though. PPP also found that residents now have an unfavorable view of their former governor, Sarah Palin, to the tune of 55 percent. Thirty-seven percent still dig her.
Naturally, Johnston's ex doesn't have that much faith in his political future.
"He needs to move back to Wasilla," Bristol Palin told Jay Leno on Friday. "He needs to get his G.E.D."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tyler Perry, Jimmy Fallon Have Jumping Drones Race: Watch the Video!
- Beyonce Shows off Her Tiny Waist in White Bikini, Cuddles up with Jay-Z
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- ?Dog The Bounty Hunter's' Son's GF Caught Up In Racist Scandal After Posting Anti-Asian Comments On Instagram
- What's On? Seven Day TV And Soaps Guide ? This Week's Best Bets And Soaps
- See The Fab And Drab From This Week's Celebrity Fashion Selection
- Tracy Morgan 'can't believe' Walmart blaming him in deadly traffic accident
- Unrelated celebrity twins
- Anne Hathaway: Fame messed me up
- Taylor Swift Covers British Vogue: "Dating or Finding Someone Is the Last Thing on My Mind"
- Brad Pitt Feels Like "the Richest Man Alive," Calls Fatherhood "the Most Beautiful Thing" Ever
- Twilight Making a Comeback With Short Films on Facebook—and Kristen Stewart Is Involved!