Wyclef Jean Slams Sean Penn as Cocaine-User
Wyclef Jean responded to Sean Penn's public doubts of his Haitian presidential campaign at a concert over the weekend, alleging Penn was "too busy sniffing cocaine" to notice Jean's presence in Haiti after an earthquake devastated the nation in January.
The colossal jab came at a Hot 97 concert this weekend, where Wyclef changed the lyrics to his 2004 hit 'President,' singing: "I got a message for Sean Penn: Maybe he ain't see me in Haiti because he was too busy sniffing cocaine."
See the video -- and hear what Wyclef had to say about former Fugees bandmate Pras, who also publicly smeared 'Clef's now-defunct presidential campaign -- after the jump.
Pras, one-third of The Fugees along with Wyclef and Lauryn Hill, came out swinging shortly after. "I love Wyclef to death. I was one of his best men along with his brother at his wedding," he told Vulture. "But I want to make this clear: I would rather lose Wyclef as a friend, brother, and save a nation of 10 million Haitians."
So Wyclef tacked a jab at Pras directly onto his new Sean Penn lyric this weekend: "I got a message for Praswell: Even though you don't want to support me, I got love for you, even though you only kicked 8 bars in the Fugees."
Sean Penn's rep quickly wrote a vehement denial of cocaine use, telling JustJared:
"Mr. Jean is clearly unfamiliar with the physical demands put upon volunteers in Haiti. As aid workers there, the notion of depleting the body's immune system thru the use of illicit drugs is ludicrous. More specifically, J/P Haitian Relief Organization (a.k.a. JPHRO) has a ZERO tolerance policy for any and all illegal drugs. As the leader of this organization, Sean Penn has not only set this policy, but adheres to it. That Mr. Jean would make such a false accusation is reckless and saddening, but not surprising."Jean was disqualified from the presidential running when he did not meet Haitian residency requirements.
See the video of Wyclef's live disses:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- Comic-Con 2014: Charlize Theron Looks Tough in ?Mad Max: Fury Road' Trailer
- Check Out 'Lucy' Star Scarlett Johansson's Sexiest Moments!
- Rihanna ?Fears for Physical Safety' After Man Caught at Her NYC Apartment
- Liam Payne Shares Naked, Pixilated, Full Frontal Snap, Sends One Direction Fans into Frenzy with Cheeky Prank
- Scheana Marie Marries Michael Shay: Details on the Vanderpump Rules Star's Wedding
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Episode 3 Recap: Amber Marchese Stirs Up Drama With Twins, Milania Guidice Turns Up the Sass