Taylor Thinks Kanye Can Take His Song and Shove It!
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 10th 2010 08:50AM
One year after Kanye West stole Taylor Swift's thunder in epic fashion at the MTV Video Music Awards, the attention seeker is at it again, however, this time she's fighting back.
Last weekend, West tweeted that he "wrote a song for Taylor that's so beautiful," and if she rejects it, then he'll perform it for her. Well, warm up that Auto-Tune machine, Kanye, because sources tell me she wants nothing to do with it.
"Taylor writes her own sounds and has been very successful at it," a record executive tells me. "Why would she want to sing one of Kanye's songs? The last thing she wants to do is give him any more attention or make him any money."
It's true that songwriters often make more money than performers on song royalties. Dolly Parton, who wrote 'I Will Always Love You,' famously said that when she wrote the iconic song, she opened a bank account, but when Whitney Houston recorded it, she bought the bank.
Taylor is the first female solo artist in country music history to write or co-write every song on a platinum-selling, self-titled debut album. In addition, Swift wrote or co-wrote every song on her blockbuster 'Fearless' album, which has sold more than 5 million copies.
"It's just another insult that this fool thinks she would sing a song he wrote," a friend of Taylor's tells me. "His ego is out of control. If anything, Kanye should be singing a song that Taylor wrote, not the other way around. As far as Taylor is concerned, he can take his song and shove it."
Ouch. Although, I can't say I blame her.
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Taylor Swift
MORE ABOUT Taylor Swift
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Taylor Swift Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Timberlake goes folk in new movie ?Inside Llewyn Davis'
- 'Star Trek' does $70.6M on opening weekend, but falls short of studio's expectations
- Taylor Swift shines at Billboard Music Awards
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- 'Arrested Development' Cast Picks Their Favorite Moments
- Justin Bieber BOOED While Accepting Award
- OUCH: Singer Jumps, Lands On Fan's Neck
- ?All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' season finale: And the winner is?
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- ?Game of Thrones': OK Cupid reveals which characters are most compatible
- Photos! At the 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- David Beckham Cries at Last Soccer Game
- Kanye West on ?SNL': Performs ?New Slaves,' ?Black Skinhead'
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson Break Up; Kanye West Debuts New Music on Saturday Night Live: Top Stories From the Weekend
- Kesha Nearly Flashes Butt at Billboard Music Awards: Picture
- Jennifer Nettles Shows Off Slim, Stunning Post-Baby Body at Billboard Music Awards