Taylor Thinks Kanye Can Take His Song and Shove It!
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 10th 2010 08:50AM
One year after Kanye West stole Taylor Swift's thunder in epic fashion at the MTV Video Music Awards, the attention seeker is at it again, however, this time she's fighting back.
Last weekend, West tweeted that he "wrote a song for Taylor that's so beautiful," and if she rejects it, then he'll perform it for her. Well, warm up that Auto-Tune machine, Kanye, because sources tell me she wants nothing to do with it.
"Taylor writes her own sounds and has been very successful at it," a record executive tells me. "Why would she want to sing one of Kanye's songs? The last thing she wants to do is give him any more attention or make him any money."
It's true that songwriters often make more money than performers on song royalties. Dolly Parton, who wrote 'I Will Always Love You,' famously said that when she wrote the iconic song, she opened a bank account, but when Whitney Houston recorded it, she bought the bank.
Taylor is the first female solo artist in country music history to write or co-write every song on a platinum-selling, self-titled debut album. In addition, Swift wrote or co-wrote every song on her blockbuster 'Fearless' album, which has sold more than 5 million copies.
"It's just another insult that this fool thinks she would sing a song he wrote," a friend of Taylor's tells me. "His ego is out of control. If anything, Kanye should be singing a song that Taylor wrote, not the other way around. As far as Taylor is concerned, he can take his song and shove it."
Ouch. Although, I can't say I blame her.
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Music News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Taylor Swift
MORE ABOUT Taylor Swift
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Taylor Swift Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Congratulations Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, you are FOX411's Celebrity of the Year
- Emily Ratajkowski: It's fun to finally have male nudity in film
- Dan Abrams replaced by Byron Pitts as 'Nightline' anchor
- Chelsea Peretti started her stand-up career by telling fart jokes
- ?School of Rock' musical coming to Broadway, courtesy of Andrew Lloyd Webber
- ?The Colbert Report' has a yard sale and sells Michael Stipe, Beatles figurines, more
- Mel B's Husband Sounds-Off on Split Rumors
- Another Day, Another Nicki Minaj Nip Slip!
- Kris and Bruce Jenner: The Divorce Is Final
- Team America: World Police Showing in Place of The Interview at Texas Movie Theater: Details
- Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner Finalize Divorce Less Than Three Months After Filing: Report
- Sony Hack: Angelina Jolie, Leonardo DiCaprio, Obama, and More of the Biggest Leaks, Timeline of Events