Mario Lopez and Girlfriend Welcome a Baby Daughter
By Christine Fenno Posted Sep 12th 2010 12:12PM
His girlfriend, Broadway dancer Courtney Laine Mazza, delivered their first child, Gia Francesca Lopez, on Saturday in Burbank, Calif., according to 'Extra.' Little Gia arrived weighing 6 lbs., 4 oz., and both mother and baby girl are reportedly doing fine.
"We are so overjoyed. What an amazing, wonderful and overwhelming experience to welcome our daughter into the world," Lopez said. (Take a peek at the baby's posh new nursery here.)
VH1 has been prepping a reality series about the TV star's new adventures in fatherhood. On Friday, Lopez tweeted: "They want to call the VH1 show 'Mario Lopez: Saved by the Baby'. Makes me laugh when I say it out loud which is good since the show's funny."
Back in May, Lopez told PopEater that Mazza's pregnancy was eye-opening enough to make him contemplate another bold new career move: Writing a parenting book for first-time dads.
"I was actually looking for a book for a first-time father and couldn't find one," he said. "I've decided I'm going to write one of my own. Guys want to help, too. There are tons of book for moms, but dads want to know what's going on with the lady and the baby, both emotionally and physically." Lopez, 36, is the author of a weight-loss guide, 'Extra Lean.'
The new parents reportedly began their romance in early 2009. They first met after Lopez (who dated his 'Dancing with the Stars' mentor Karina Smirnoff from 2006-'08, and was briefly married to Ali Landry in 2004) joined the Broadway production of 'A Chorus Line' in 2008 and was introduced to Mazza, a member of the cast.
Isla Fisher, who is currently pregnant with her second child, takes her daughter Olive for a treat at Milk on Beverly Boulevard.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Elijah Wood, Peter Jackson Star in Lord of the Rings Air Safety Video for Air New Zealand
- Selena Gomez Lights Up the Stage in Hot Pink A.K.A. the Color of the Moment: See How Jennifer Garner, Dianna Agron, More Stars Wear Fuchsia
- Shakira Calls Baby Bump Her "New Favorite Accessory" in Sweet Photo With Gerard Pique
- Lisa Rinna's Husband Harry Hamlin Refuses To Appear On ?RHOBH' Because It Would Be ?Bad For His Career'
- Jodi Arias Retrial: Detective Says Murderer First Shot, Then Slashed, Her Lover Travis Alexander
- 'The Roosevelts' earn PBS biggest audience in 20 years
- Halle Berry launching a lingerie line
- Zach Galifianakis grills Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'