Mario Lopez and Girlfriend Welcome a Baby Daughter
By Christine Fenno Posted Sep 12th 2010 12:12PM
His girlfriend, Broadway dancer Courtney Laine Mazza, delivered their first child, Gia Francesca Lopez, on Saturday in Burbank, Calif., according to 'Extra.' Little Gia arrived weighing 6 lbs., 4 oz., and both mother and baby girl are reportedly doing fine.
"We are so overjoyed. What an amazing, wonderful and overwhelming experience to welcome our daughter into the world," Lopez said. (Take a peek at the baby's posh new nursery here.)
VH1 has been prepping a reality series about the TV star's new adventures in fatherhood. On Friday, Lopez tweeted: "They want to call the VH1 show 'Mario Lopez: Saved by the Baby'. Makes me laugh when I say it out loud which is good since the show's funny."
Back in May, Lopez told PopEater that Mazza's pregnancy was eye-opening enough to make him contemplate another bold new career move: Writing a parenting book for first-time dads.
"I was actually looking for a book for a first-time father and couldn't find one," he said. "I've decided I'm going to write one of my own. Guys want to help, too. There are tons of book for moms, but dads want to know what's going on with the lady and the baby, both emotionally and physically." Lopez, 36, is the author of a weight-loss guide, 'Extra Lean.'
The new parents reportedly began their romance in early 2009. They first met after Lopez (who dated his 'Dancing with the Stars' mentor Karina Smirnoff from 2006-'08, and was briefly married to Ali Landry in 2004) joined the Broadway production of 'A Chorus Line' in 2008 and was introduced to Mazza, a member of the cast.
Isla Fisher, who is currently pregnant with her second child, takes her daughter Olive for a treat at Milk on Beverly Boulevard.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 6 Finale Recap: Teresa vs. Teresa Showdown!
- One Tree Hill Cast Reunites; Candice Accola Marries Joe King: Top Weekend Stories
- Stanley Tucci, Felicity Blunt Expecting First Child: "It's Incredible"
- Jessa Duggar’s Future Father-In-Law Defends Her Abortion Comments, Calls Her Critics ‘Hitler’s Doppelgangers’
- Family Feud: Leah & Jeremy’s Moms Duke It Out Online!
- Dwayne Johnson Attends The Japan Premiere Of ‘Hercules’ At The Toho Cinemas
- 'Buffy' star Nicolas Brendon arrested after hotel disturbance
- 'Fury' starring Brad Pitt wins the box office weekend race
- Ice-T likens 'Law & Order' to robbing a bank
- WWE Diva Nattie Has Meltdown While Discussing Divorce With Husband TJ—See the Total Divas Recap!
- Jason Momoa's Audition Tape for Game of Thrones Is Even More Intense Than You Thought—Watch Now!
- Homeland: Why We Were Yelling Obscenities At Our TV Screens Tonight