We'll Do It Taped! MTV Didn't Want a Live Lindsay
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 13th 2010 10:31AM
Further proving Hollywood executives still have a long way to go before they trust Lindsay Lohan again, sources tell me the only way producers would allow the rehabbed star to participate in this year's VMAs was if she agreed to tape her segment rather than perform live like most of the other skits.
"Lindsay knows she has a ways to go before she gains back the trust of everyone," a friend of the troubled actress tells me. "But she's just grateful to be getting these offers again."
I know it's hard to fathom, but there was actually a time when Lindsay was being offered presenting gig after presenting gig for A-list awards shows. Been a while, right?
"Now, she's just grateful to be asked back even if she has to tape her performance," my source reveals.
Lindsay's surprise appearance made fun of her recent struggles in a pre-taped segment with cheeky host Chelsea Handler. "Hello Chelsea," Lindsay said. "Have you been drinking?"
"No," Handler replied, before Lindsay asked, "Then why is your ankle bracelet going off."
Lindsay, who is actually back in New York celebrating her mom Dina's birthday on Wednesday, watched the show with her family. Sources tell me she thought it was funny and understands, givien her past behavior, why the producer insisted she tape it in advance. WATCH:
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Gut Reactions -
- CelebRehab -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Lindsay Lohan
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Reality polygamy family says 'It's like coming out of the closet' doing the show
- Raunchy Johnny Carson sex tape reportedly being shopped around
- Juan Pablo could be the most detested bachelor in history of show
- Box Office: '300: Rise of an Empire' Slays Competition With $45.1 Million Debut
- Shanghai Media Group Says Disney Deal Will Boost Its Quality Content Options
- SXSW: 'Neighbors' Premiere Gives Way to Raunchy Q&A
- ?Late Night': Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski critique skaters at 30 Rock rink ? VIDEO
- ?Cosmos' then and now: The ?personal voyage' of Carl Sagan, the Hollywood cool of Neil deGrasse Tyson
MoviefoneFEEDMore News at Inside Movies Li