We'll Do It Taped! MTV Didn't Want a Live Lindsay
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 13th 2010 10:31AM
Further proving Hollywood executives still have a long way to go before they trust Lindsay Lohan again, sources tell me the only way producers would allow the rehabbed star to participate in this year's VMAs was if she agreed to tape her segment rather than perform live like most of the other skits.
"Lindsay knows she has a ways to go before she gains back the trust of everyone," a friend of the troubled actress tells me. "But she's just grateful to be getting these offers again."
I know it's hard to fathom, but there was actually a time when Lindsay was being offered presenting gig after presenting gig for A-list awards shows. Been a while, right?
"Now, she's just grateful to be asked back even if she has to tape her performance," my source reveals.
Lindsay's surprise appearance made fun of her recent struggles in a pre-taped segment with cheeky host Chelsea Handler. "Hello Chelsea," Lindsay said. "Have you been drinking?"
"No," Handler replied, before Lindsay asked, "Then why is your ankle bracelet going off."
Lindsay, who is actually back in New York celebrating her mom Dina's birthday on Wednesday, watched the show with her family. Sources tell me she thought it was funny and understands, givien her past behavior, why the producer insisted she tape it in advance. WATCH:
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Gut Reactions -
- CelebRehab -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Lindsay Lohan
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- New Bill Cosby accuser said she blacked out for two days after comedian drugged her
- Stars without the warpaint
- Report: Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden engaged
- Sony Hack: Michael Lynton Set for CNN Interview on Sunday
- TV Ratings: 'Biggest Loser' Hits Low on Thursday
- The Black List's No. 1 Writer on Her Breakthrough: "I Stuck To My Guns"
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Josh Brolin Talks 'Inherent Vice,' Paul Thomas Anderson, and His Career (VIDEO)
- Saying Farewell to Stephen Colbert, Craig Ferguson, and David Letterman's Christmas Show