We'll Do It Taped! MTV Didn't Want a Live Lindsay
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 13th 2010 10:31AM
Further proving Hollywood executives still have a long way to go before they trust Lindsay Lohan again, sources tell me the only way producers would allow the rehabbed star to participate in this year's VMAs was if she agreed to tape her segment rather than perform live like most of the other skits.
"Lindsay knows she has a ways to go before she gains back the trust of everyone," a friend of the troubled actress tells me. "But she's just grateful to be getting these offers again."
I know it's hard to fathom, but there was actually a time when Lindsay was being offered presenting gig after presenting gig for A-list awards shows. Been a while, right?
"Now, she's just grateful to be asked back even if she has to tape her performance," my source reveals.
Lindsay's surprise appearance made fun of her recent struggles in a pre-taped segment with cheeky host Chelsea Handler. "Hello Chelsea," Lindsay said. "Have you been drinking?"
"No," Handler replied, before Lindsay asked, "Then why is your ankle bracelet going off."
Lindsay, who is actually back in New York celebrating her mom Dina's birthday on Wednesday, watched the show with her family. Sources tell me she thought it was funny and understands, givien her past behavior, why the producer insisted she tape it in advance. WATCH:
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Gut Reactions -
- CelebRehab -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Lindsay Lohan
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Kim Novak takes on Oscar night 'bullies'
- Hayden Panettiere not asked to return to 'Heroes: Reborn'
- From Mike Ovitz to Leonardo DiCaprio: A Wall Street Criminal Recalls His Hollywood Heyday
- 'Salem' Boss on Fearless Witches, Pushing Boundaries and Censors (Q&A)
- Paramount Links Up With China Film Group to Co-Produce 3D Fantasy Action Movie 'Marco Polo'
- ?Orphan Black' season 2 review: Tatiana Maslany continues to be one of a kind
- ?Scandal' finale: Were you underwhelmed?
- Obama's toughest 2012 interview: Jon Stewart ? VIDEO
- 'Transcendence' Review: A Journey Into the Absurd
- New Orleans Tries to Woo Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show'
- Zack Snyder Explains How Batman Ended Up in the 'Man of Steel' Sequel