Taylor Swift a 'Wreck' Before Performing Kanye Song
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 13th 2010 07:19AM
On Sunday night, Taylor Swift once again found herself in the company of the man that made her cry. Not only was the young Taylor seeing Kanye West for the first time since the rapper's infamous ambush at last year's VMAs, she was also debuting a new song about him that she was terrified to perform.
"Taylor was a nervous wreck before she hit the stage last night," a friend of the singer tells me. "She knew Kanye was in the building and was terrified and praying that he wouldn't pull another stunt. Taylor rejected Kanye's offer to sing a song he wrote about the entire stage-storming innocent and had no idea how he would react to the song she wrote and performed about him."
Taylor's new song, 'Still an Innocent,' was indeed very emotional. "Lost your balance on the tight rope / It's never too late to get it back," she sang. "Thirty-two and still growing up now ... who you are is not what you say," Swift continued as everyone in the audience waited for West to react.
Thankfully, sources tell me extra security was dispatched to make sure no unauthorized person could access the stage again. However, Kayne did get to react to the classy Taylor at the end of the show when he performed a new song.
"Let's have a toast for the a**holes / Let's have a toast for the douchebag," West sang. "Let's have a toast for the scumbag ... everyone of them I know."
At the end of the day, we can take some comfort knowing that young Taylor did make the rapper sweat. Sources tell me that West was so worried about what Taylor might sing about him that he insisted he would only perform at this year's awards if he went on after Miss Swift.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Celebrity Wife Swap? Meet Orlando Bloom's Rumored New GF
- Did Leonardo DiCaprio Cheer On Orlando Bloom in Justin Bieber Brawl?
- Details: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's Handwritten Love Letters
- Kelly Rowland Accidentally Reveals She's Having a Baby Boy, Dishes On Her Pregnancy Cravings
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Willow's Bed Picture Controversy, Laughs Off Will Smith Marriage Rumors As "Entertaining"
- Ashley Williams Expecting First Child With Husband Neal Dodson: See Her Baby Bump