Taylor Swift a 'Wreck' Before Performing Kanye Song
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 13th 2010 07:19AM
On Sunday night, Taylor Swift once again found herself in the company of the man that made her cry. Not only was the young Taylor seeing Kanye West for the first time since the rapper's infamous ambush at last year's VMAs, she was also debuting a new song about him that she was terrified to perform.
"Taylor was a nervous wreck before she hit the stage last night," a friend of the singer tells me. "She knew Kanye was in the building and was terrified and praying that he wouldn't pull another stunt. Taylor rejected Kanye's offer to sing a song he wrote about the entire stage-storming innocent and had no idea how he would react to the song she wrote and performed about him."
Taylor's new song, 'Still an Innocent,' was indeed very emotional. "Lost your balance on the tight rope / It's never too late to get it back," she sang. "Thirty-two and still growing up now ... who you are is not what you say," Swift continued as everyone in the audience waited for West to react.
Thankfully, sources tell me extra security was dispatched to make sure no unauthorized person could access the stage again. However, Kayne did get to react to the classy Taylor at the end of the show when he performed a new song.
"Let's have a toast for the a**holes / Let's have a toast for the douchebag," West sang. "Let's have a toast for the scumbag ... everyone of them I know."
At the end of the day, we can take some comfort knowing that young Taylor did make the rapper sweat. Sources tell me that West was so worried about what Taylor might sing about him that he insisted he would only perform at this year's awards if he went on after Miss Swift.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Best and worst celebrity beach bodies (okay mostly best)
- Garth Brooks spills the beans, announces upcoming world tour
- Sarah Palin's 'Amazing America' to air on Sportsman Channel next year
- Fran Drescher joins Broadway's ?Cinderella' as wicked stepmother
- Debra Messing and Eric McCormack discuss ?Will & Grace' legacy, karaoke, and ?Breaking Bad'
- Paris Hilton's Brother Threatens to Sue Lindsay Lohan for Beating
- Kelly Clarkson Responds to Rumors Her Husband Is Cheating
- Amy Adams Flashes a Hint of Side Boob at 'American Hustle' Premiere
- Britney Spears: Chaotic Was "The Worst Thing I've Done in My Career," But "I Like Crossroads!"
- President Obama Meets Mariah Carey's Daughter Monroe: See the Cute Picture!
- Ben Affleck Fell in Love With Jennifer Garner on Daredevil Set, Calls His Wife the "Most Important Person to Me"