She May Have Quit, But You'll See Bethenny on 'Housewives' This Year
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 14th 2010 11:46AM
Bethenny Frankel announced late last month that she'd quit 'Real Housewives of New York City' after a "scary and painful" third season of the show. Bethenny and new hubby Jason Hoppy welcomed daughter Bryn in May, and she just doesn't think the show is a good fit anymore, but -- hold up! -- sources tell me she will most certainly be back.
"Bethenny's contract with 'Housewives' is for another year," a network executive tells me. "Even though she has a contract for her own spin-off reality show, she needs to honor the contact she originally signed."
The problem is, Bethenny now thinks she's too big a star to be part of an ensemble cast, but in reality it's that show that made her famous in the first place, and if Bravo wants her back again next season, she will be back.
Also, ignore rumors emitting from New Jersey housewife Danielle Staub that she's in talks with several networks about getting her own show. As Naughty But Nice told you first, Danielle was fired from 'Housewives' and her contract clearly states that she cannot work for another network for several more years without Bravo's written permission.
"These ladies think they are superstars now and that something like a contract doesn't matter," an insider tells me. "Well, think again. Bravo isn't in the business of creating stars and then letting them go to other networks. That just isn't going to happen."
MORE ABOUT Bethenny Frankel
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bethenny Frankel Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONY Recap: Bethenny Frankel Battles Ramona Singer Over "Stolen" Dress at Sonja Morgan's Fashion Show
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Alison Falls Into Charles' Clutches on Prom Night
- Shonda Rhimes Explains Why Derek Had to Die on Grey's Anatomy
- Kim Kardashian's selfie book 'Selfish' didn't sell
- Kelly Osbourne's comments on 'The View' offend
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Ansel Elgort Covers Teen Vogue, Reveals Why He Cried During One of The Greatest Days of His Life
- Raven-Symoné Hosts Epic That's So Raven Reunion at The View, Teases Exciting Project With the Disney Cast
- Check Out Giuliana Rancic's Biggest E! News Moments Over the Years, Plus a Mash-Up of Her Signature Faces!