She May Have Quit, But You'll See Bethenny on 'Housewives' This Year
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 14th 2010 11:46AM
Bethenny Frankel announced late last month that she'd quit 'Real Housewives of New York City' after a "scary and painful" third season of the show. Bethenny and new hubby Jason Hoppy welcomed daughter Bryn in May, and she just doesn't think the show is a good fit anymore, but -- hold up! -- sources tell me she will most certainly be back.
"Bethenny's contract with 'Housewives' is for another year," a network executive tells me. "Even though she has a contract for her own spin-off reality show, she needs to honor the contact she originally signed."
The problem is, Bethenny now thinks she's too big a star to be part of an ensemble cast, but in reality it's that show that made her famous in the first place, and if Bravo wants her back again next season, she will be back.
Also, ignore rumors emitting from New Jersey housewife Danielle Staub that she's in talks with several networks about getting her own show. As Naughty But Nice told you first, Danielle was fired from 'Housewives' and her contract clearly states that she cannot work for another network for several more years without Bravo's written permission.
"These ladies think they are superstars now and that something like a contract doesn't matter," an insider tells me. "Well, think again. Bravo isn't in the business of creating stars and then letting them go to other networks. That just isn't going to happen."
MORE ABOUT Bethenny Frankel
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bethenny Frankel Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selma Director Ava DuVernay, Star David Oyelowo to Create Hurricane Katrina Drama
- Jamal Woolard, Federico Castelluccio Rally to Support Troubled Adolescents for Premiere of Short Film "Boys of Bate"
- Cindra Ladd, Former Hollywood Executive, Accuses Bill Cosby of Sexual Assault in Shocking Personal Essay
- Lawyers: Melissa Rivers files malpractice lawsuit in mother Joan's death
- Benedict Cumberbatch: I'm sorry for saying 'colored'
- Report: Emile Hirsch fights with female film exec
- Some New Yorkers Are Looking for Warmth From the Big Blizzard on Craigslist's Personal Ads
- Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell Is the Definition of Class After Miss Universe Loss: "It Went Exactly How It Should"
- Greece Elects a New Prime Minister and Syriza Leader Alexis Tsipras Thanks...Hugh Laurie, of Course!