She May Have Quit, But You'll See Bethenny on 'Housewives' This Year
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 14th 2010 11:46AM
Bethenny Frankel announced late last month that she'd quit 'Real Housewives of New York City' after a "scary and painful" third season of the show. Bethenny and new hubby Jason Hoppy welcomed daughter Bryn in May, and she just doesn't think the show is a good fit anymore, but -- hold up! -- sources tell me she will most certainly be back.
"Bethenny's contract with 'Housewives' is for another year," a network executive tells me. "Even though she has a contract for her own spin-off reality show, she needs to honor the contact she originally signed."
The problem is, Bethenny now thinks she's too big a star to be part of an ensemble cast, but in reality it's that show that made her famous in the first place, and if Bravo wants her back again next season, she will be back.
Also, ignore rumors emitting from New Jersey housewife Danielle Staub that she's in talks with several networks about getting her own show. As Naughty But Nice told you first, Danielle was fired from 'Housewives' and her contract clearly states that she cannot work for another network for several more years without Bravo's written permission.
"These ladies think they are superstars now and that something like a contract doesn't matter," an insider tells me. "Well, think again. Bravo isn't in the business of creating stars and then letting them go to other networks. That just isn't going to happen."
MORE ABOUT Bethenny Frankel
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bethenny Frankel Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Julia Roberts Debuts Red Hair, Just Like She Had in Pretty Woman, at the 2015 SAG Awards: See the Photos!
- Viola Davis Wins SAG Award, Thanks Producers For Casting a "49-Year-Old, Dark-Skinned Woman" in Jab to New York Times Critic
- Debbie Reynolds Teases Daughter Carrie Fisher Over Princess Leia Buns at SAGs 2015
- 'Birdman' tops SAG Awards, Redmayne upsets Keaton
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- Best Beauty Looks at the 2015 SAG Awards: Emma Stone, Keira Knightley, Lupita Nyong'o & More!
- Miss Colombia Paulina Vega Crowned Miss Universe 2014
- Christina Milian Is The Peacemaker During Her Sister & Brother-in-Law's Screaming Fight—Get the Full Turned Up Recap!