How to Party Like a Gossip Girl In NYC
By Jo Piazza Posted Sep 14th 2010 12:00PM
Just as New York City was often called the fifth lady in the 'Sex and the City' franchise, Gotham has become the third wheel in the 'Gossip Girl' threesome.
The city that never sleeps has always been prominently featured in the debaucheries of the show's young cast and this season won't be any different. Past seasons have had the cast at the Empire Hotel, STK, The Campbell Apartment, Marquee and the Box.
But now that the kiddies are older and wiser -- and actually 21! -- they need to be frequenting a new generation of hot spots. Here are our recommendations for the newest hot spots for Blair, Serena, Nate and Chuck to be seen at this season.
The Darby -- Opening later this month, nightlife staples Scott Sartiano and Richie Akiva of Butter and 1Oak, are bringing a more mature aesthetic to NYC nightlife. Just like the 'Gossip Girl' cast, Richie and Scott are growing up and they wanted to open a venue that reflected that. The new space is bringing back the glitz and glamour of the 1950s supper club with nightly performances by a house band that will be enjoyed over a gourmet meal. We're picturing Blair and Serena in pillbox hats and Chuck in a cravat (not that that would be anything out of the ordinary).
The Bar at the Lambs Club -- The team behind Lotus have brought an old school speakeasy vibe to the mezzanine of Geoffrey Zakarian's new restaurant inside the Chatwal Hotel. Bill Clinton popped in for a fundraiser the other night and we know how Serena loves those political types.
Bowlmor Lanes Times Square -- Because bowling is the new clubbing! The former New York Times newsroom has become a 50-lane bowling alley with two nightclubs, a David Burke restaurant and lounges paying tribute to gritty NYC. Perfect for Chuck Bass to get his skeez on while Dan Humphrey does something wholesome.
Bar Pleiades at the Surrey Hotel -- New York magazine calls this a "haunt fit for Blair Waldorf" due to it's "Art Deco details, a sleek black bar, sexy photography" and quilted, leather-lined nooks. The lounge is part of the hotel's $60 million makeover from owner Daniel Boulud. Its quiet corners make for the perfect secret hook-up spot. And now that Blair is firmly ensconced at Columbia, it's time she enjoyed the better things in life uptown once again.
Blue Ruin -- We saw Chuck Bass hit rock bottom at the end of last season, getting attacked in Eastern Europe after all his misdeeds finally caught up with him. We'd love to see him continue on his intercontinental bender at this Westside dive, which is already being frequented by celebs looking to get their low-key drink on.
Ed Westwick is seen on location for 'Gossip Girl' on September 3, 2010 in New York City.
Getty Images North America
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!