Who Was Trying to Undermine J. Lo's 'Idol' Deal?
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 14th 2010 05:05PM
Jennifer Lopez has officially signed on as the newest judge on 'American Idol,' and executives are convinced that negative stories are being deliberately planted about her in an effort to sabotage the diva before the show even begins. FOX insiders are insisting that the nasty leaks about Jennifer's diva behavior are all untrue and blaming shows in direct competition for all the bad buzz.
"This is a genius move by 'Idol's' public relations machine," an insider tells me. "They are taking all the attention of what a nightmare J.Lo is to work with and focusing attention on those other nasty shows. Now, everyone is guessing who is trying to ruin J.Lo rather than talking about the notoriously difficult diva."
So who is telling the truth? Is J.Lo a sweet girl-next-door who is easy to work with or is Jenny from the Block really as demanding as the rumors suggest?
"Of all the people I have ever worked with, no one was more difficult than Jennifer," a magazine editor tells me. "When we shot her for a cover, her list of demands were crazy. She needed an all white room scented with Jo Malone candles. She insisted on having a banquet of food -- that she never touched -- and even had the nerve to ask for a specific type of private plane."
Another source who has worked with Lopez tells me, "If Jennifer was known for her endless charity work before negotiating with 'Idol' and then suddenly diva like stories suddenly appeared, I would agree with FOX executives. However, everyone in show business knows Jennifer is more difficult to deal with than Barbra Streisand on a bad day. Pretending your competition is leaking negative stories about J.Lo is laughable. Next, they will be saying 'America's Got Talent' is leaking stories that Ryan Seacrest is short."
As someone who has worked for Jennifer myself, I can confirm that she is tricky, however, a gentleman would never kiss and tell. Wink.
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Jennifer Lopez
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Lopez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Lopez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Adrianne Palicki reportedly cast as Marvel super spy Bobbi Morse in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- Casey Kasem to be buried in Norway, wife cites heritage
- Bill Cosby gives bizarre sex talk on 'Tonight Show'
- Lindsay Lohan posts selfie with Tina Fey during EW's ?Mean Girls' reunion
- The Rock is starring in DC's ?Shazam'? as the villain? An investigation
- Exclusive: The cast of Broadway's ?It's Only a Play' reenacts Ellen's Oscar selfie
- Nina Dobrev on Intimidating Guys, 'Let's Be Cops,' and the New Season of 'Vampire Diaries'
- Extra Scoop: Zoe Saldana Confirms Pregnancy in Ice Bucket Video
- Which Rapper Set Up Khlo