Who Was Trying to Undermine J. Lo's 'Idol' Deal?
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 14th 2010 05:05PM
Jennifer Lopez has officially signed on as the newest judge on 'American Idol,' and executives are convinced that negative stories are being deliberately planted about her in an effort to sabotage the diva before the show even begins. FOX insiders are insisting that the nasty leaks about Jennifer's diva behavior are all untrue and blaming shows in direct competition for all the bad buzz.
"This is a genius move by 'Idol's' public relations machine," an insider tells me. "They are taking all the attention of what a nightmare J.Lo is to work with and focusing attention on those other nasty shows. Now, everyone is guessing who is trying to ruin J.Lo rather than talking about the notoriously difficult diva."
So who is telling the truth? Is J.Lo a sweet girl-next-door who is easy to work with or is Jenny from the Block really as demanding as the rumors suggest?
"Of all the people I have ever worked with, no one was more difficult than Jennifer," a magazine editor tells me. "When we shot her for a cover, her list of demands were crazy. She needed an all white room scented with Jo Malone candles. She insisted on having a banquet of food -- that she never touched -- and even had the nerve to ask for a specific type of private plane."
Another source who has worked with Lopez tells me, "If Jennifer was known for her endless charity work before negotiating with 'Idol' and then suddenly diva like stories suddenly appeared, I would agree with FOX executives. However, everyone in show business knows Jennifer is more difficult to deal with than Barbra Streisand on a bad day. Pretending your competition is leaking negative stories about J.Lo is laughable. Next, they will be saying 'America's Got Talent' is leaking stories that Ryan Seacrest is short."
As someone who has worked for Jennifer myself, I can confirm that she is tricky, however, a gentleman would never kiss and tell. Wink.
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Jennifer Lopez
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Lopez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Lopez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift posts sexy bikini snaps and shows off her belly button
- Clint Eastwood says 'American Sniper' makes strong anti-war statement
- Kanye West gives rambling 8 minute speech at award show
- Five directors who can help Johnny Depp recover from ?Mortdecai'
- Blake Shelton takes over ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Bill Maher calls ?American Sniper' Chris Kyle ?a psychopath patriot'
- Stephen Collins and Faye Grant Avoid Trial, Reach Divorce Settlement
- Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams Call It Quits
- Rumor Bust! Kim Kardashian Does NOT Want Another Child Just to Save Marriage
- Saturday Night Live Mocks Tom Brady's "Deflate-Gate": Watch Taran Killam Play the New England Patriot's Quarterback
- Producers Guild Awards 2015: Birdman Wins Big, See the Complete List of Winners
- Kristin Cavallari Gets Frantic Texts About Kids from Husband Jay Cutler: Read the Funny Messages