Jennifer Lopez Inks $12 Million Deal to Join 'American Idol'
By John Mitchell Posted Sep 14th 2010 03:06PM
After months of rumors, negotiations and allegations of sabotage, it seems Jennifer Lopez is officially onboard as the newest judge on 'American Idol.'
PEOPLE is reporting that Lopez has inked a $12 million deal to join FOX's hit music competition show for its tenth season. While neither FOX nor representatives for Lopez have commented on the deal, a source close to the singer-actress says she is "very excited." The one-year deal was also confirmed by TMZ and PopEater's Rob Shuter.
As PopEater reported earlier today, enemies of the show as well as Lopez's competition had allegedly been planting rumors about the star's so-called "diva demands" in an effort to derail her shot at joining Randy Jackson at the 'Idol' judge's table. However, sources told TMZ that the month-long contract negotiations with the star had been "normal."
Earlier reports that Lopez had sought TV and movie development deals with FOX in addition to a larger salary and input on who her co-judges would be do appear to be true, though, those negotiations seem to have fallen through.
There remains no official word on who the third judge for the upcoming season will be, though Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has told friends he is replacing Simon Cowell. If he does indeed assume a chair at the table, that would mean the new 'AI' lineup would be Lopez, Jackson and Tyler with Ryan Seacrest returning as host.
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Lopez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Lopez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celeb Sightings: Gillian Jacobs, Busy Philipps Toast Fashion Launch
- Josh Gad: I Made "A Couple Thousand" on Frozen
- Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs Are Engaged? T-Pain Sparks Speculation With April Fools' Prank
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- 'Brooklyn 99' star Chelsea Peretti helped broke ball player
- Tom Hanks' son Chet Haze threatens Howard Stern
- Coachella Dos and Don'ts: How Not to Look Like a Tool at This Season's Hottest Music Festival
- Paul Walker's Brother Cody Walker ''Nervous'' to See Finished Furious 7: ''I Want It to Be Worthy'' of Late Actor's Legacy
- Blake Shelton Gives a Grammar Lesson & Adam Levine Makes Fun of His Butt In These Hilarious Voice Outtakes